Hollywood Tease

The next morning I awoke to Archie gently running his fingers through my hair.

"Good morning," he said softly, his voice still raspy from sleep.

"Good morning," I mumbled back, rubbing my eyes.

"Did I wake you?"

"No, you're fine," I said quietly, rolling over to face him. God he was beautiful... that was the best way to describe him.

"How'd you sleep?"

"In your arms? Like a baby," I said with a soft sigh.

"Well, I'm glad to hear it."

"Yeah... what about you?"

"With you in my arms? Like a baby," he said back, a deep chuckle rumbling through his chest as he mimicked me. "I think this shirt looks better on you than it does me," he added.

"Yeah? I didn't even look at it last night, I was so tired," I mumbled before looking at it. For a moment, I felt a bit of fear run through me when I noticed the familiar pink script that read 'Cathouse' on it.

It only made me nervous because of the fact that my father and his friend had owned the club in the 80s; the shirt literally said 'Riki & Taime's World Famous Cathouse' on it.

Taime Downe, co-owner of the Cathouse, and lead singer of Faster Pussycat, an influential band of that decade. The temporary worry was this: would Archie act differently if he knew who my dad was, or would it be the same? I really liked him, and I didn't want a relationship based off of names instead of feelings.

"You should keep it," he advised with a nod.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Definitely. It suits you."

"You have no idea." I thought.

We randomly talked for a while, and it was still amazing to me how easy going he was, and how calm my mind was; usually I was a little anxious, and my thoughts were a mess, but not right now...

"I don't get this," I mumble, laying a hand on his chest. "How can I be so comfortable around you when I've just met you?"

"I don't know, but I feel that, too. It almost feels like we've known each other for a long time."

"Yeah," I mumbled, glad that he understood. "Hey, what time is it?"

"Uhhh, it is," he reached for his phone and checked the time, "eleven forty-three."

I groaned, lightly dropping my head onto his shoulder.

"That's not too bad for going to sleep at four A.M.," he said, brushing a stray curl out of my face.

"True... You know what's weird? I feel like I've forgotten something," I said, puzzled.

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Something I was supposed to do... I'm drawing a blank; I can't think of it."

"Was it to suggest breakfast?" he asked with a grin.

"Not quite, but that's not a bad idea," I replied, smiling back at him, trying to ignore the temptation to kiss him.

I wanted to really bad, but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea... I mean, we had been drinking last night, so who's to say that he had really wanted to kiss me in the first place? Maybe it was just the alcohol.

"What?" he asked, his voice was soft and concern flitted over his handsome features.

"Nothing. I'm just appreciating the view."