Welcome, Pt. 1

"Lucy," Archie sang out, lightly shaking my shoulder. "Come on, baby, wake up."

"Mmm... what?"

"Time to go," he whispered.

"Go where?"

"Finland."

"A little longer," I mumbled int the pillow.

"We have to be at the airport in an hour and a half," he mumbled, lightly brushing something paper against my face.

"What is that?" I asked, finally opening my eyes.

Archie sat on the bed beside me, a smile lighting up his face when I finally looked at him. The excitement in his eyes was apparent when he held up my passport and plane ticket.

"Is that today already?" I asked, somehow surprised. Time was flying since we got home; it had been three days and we were off again.

I sat up, and as I was unable to contain my admiration and love for the sparkly eyed babe sitting beside me, hugged him tight. He kissed the top of my head and held me close, only letting me go to hand me a mug of tea.

"You are absolutely the best man on this planet," I said, taking a sip. "I don't know what I did to deserve you, honestly."

"Karma has been kind to you," he joked, tapping my nose. "Your dad said to give you some time to get ready, but I didn't want to get you up too early, so I hope you have enough time."

"I have plenty," I mumbled, pulling his arm around my shoulders. "I should probably take a shower, though."

I curled my lip at the thought, as I was not really wanting to do that right now. It was early; I just wanted to lay in bed with my boyfriend and relax- but that was not going to happen. Just by how excited he was, I couldn't even think about what would happen if we missed the plane. I didn't want to see him that  bummed. Ever.

"Well, you don't have to. You can when we get there, but you have time to take one now," he said, kissing my temple. "I already did, otherwise, I'd bribe you."

"It's okay," I replied with a laugh. "I'll just take one now."

"Alrighty. I'll go and... never mind, I'm going into the closet of wonders," he mumbled, looking over to my closet full of guitars.

"You do that," I said, kissing his cheek before climbing out of bed and making my way to the bathroom.

Oh my god, I love him so much. What is this?

My internal monologue was going crazy as I thought about our trip and what we would do. I had to hope my mood was going to pick up. I could tell that that lovely time of the month was incoming, and that wasn't going to be pleasant, so I was hoping that everything would balance out.

Being around Archie somehow mellowed me out; I was more relaxed. I always felt happy and that in itself was nice- almost a miracle. When he was nearby, I was calm, cool, and collected, not my usual ball of stress. He brought back my zen that I had before dating Bret, and holy hell, did I miss it.

I stepped into the shower and began to wash my hair, and a moment later, I looked over to see Archie's butt pressed against the glass door.

"Look at that cute butt," I said, trying to contain my laughter as I washed away the soap.

"Oops, sorry, I had to change," he responded with an innocent shrug. "Fuck, the glass is really cold," he mumbled, cupping his ass as he stepped away.

"Well yeah... it is a cute butt, though."

"Thank you, but I like yours more."

"Y'know, I already let you sleep in my bed; I don't think you have to keep sucking up to me."