Bonafide Heroes

"Psst... psst!"

"Hm?" I mumbled, struggling to open my eyes in the bright room.

"Good morning," Archie mumbled sleepily, kissing my cheek.

"Morning," I responded as I stretched, wondering of we were going back to sleep.

"The neighbors are up to something," he mumbled, referring to the loud banging from next door.

"They've been doing renovations for weeks. That'll definitely wake you up," I said with a sigh, now fully aware that we were not going to sleep through that noise.

"Yeah," he agreed with a chuckle. "So, what are we going to do today?" he asked, the thick, sleepy rasp causing his accent to seem heavier.

"I don't know... what time is it?"

"It's," he paused, looking his phone, "almost twelve."

"Hm... I can make breakfast if you want."

"Sure; I'll help you," he said.

"Okay. But to be honest, I really don't want to move yet."

"Me either... we could just stay here, but we might starve to death," he said dramatically.

"We die together, or not at all," I joked, feeling him shift under me when his stomach growled.

"That's fair, but my stomach says death is a no-go."

"Fair enough," I mumbled as we sat up.

I watched as he stood up and stretched, and I found myself staring at his muscular, tattooed arms- damn I loved having those around me.

"Oh my god, am I lucky!" I thought as I stood up, admiring how his messy blonde hair fell perfectly around his shoulders.

He was seriously perfect, and he didn't even have to try. It almost caused me physical pain when I thought about my feelings for him.

"What?" he asked when he noticed me looking at him.

"Hm? Oh, nothing. Just taking in the view," I said awkwardly- still not good at flirting.

He shook his head with a smile, "That's my job. Speaking of view, here," he said, walking around the bed and handing me his shirt from the night before. "Your kitchen has a lot of windows and I don't need the neighborhood seeing what's mine."

"What's yours?" I asked playfully.

"All of you, I'd hope," he said, trailing his hands down my sides and pressing a kiss to my lips. He lightly tugged on my hair at the same time as he grabbed my ass, and it was safe to say that I melted. "Come on," he said suddenly, pulling away and heading for my bedroom door. "Breakfast."

"Y-yeah," I mumbled, pulling his shirt over my bare chest, feeling flustered.

"Your cheeks are the loveliest shade of pink," he teased, holding a hand out for me.

"Yeah, well have you ever heard anyone say 'don't start something that you can't finish?' Because I feel like you're starting things," I accused as I took his hand.

"Who, me? Never."

"Yeah, you're definitely guilty."

"I know," he said, laughing as we walked downstairs and into the kitchen. "It's cute to see you hot and bothered, though."

"It's not cute from my perspective," I opened the fridge. "It's honestly a pain in the ass."

"You'll be okay, I promise," he assured, walking up behind me and kissing my neck.