Ch 5:Graduation & Return

-3 Years later-

A small group ran through the rain carrying heavy baggage as practice of endurance. At the rear of the platoon a blond boy was struggling to stay upright as he pitifully ran.

Pick up the pace you leg heeled laggers." Shadis shouting to them.

"Your boots are waterlogged Arlert. Let's see some hustle." The instructor said in his gruff tone.

"Uh damn it."Armin couldn't even reply to him since he's almost out of breath.

"You're too heavy for your stuff? Half drop and leave it in the mud. The titans will have easier work eating you without all the extra crap" he said

"damn it." He muttered to himself.

"Seriously. Here focus on staying upright. You know we are being graded on this." The brotherly figure of Reiner came in to lift some weight off his shoulders.

"Thanks but won't you get in trouble for this?" Armin ask Reiner.

"Yeah if he finds out." He replied back to him.

Keith watching this exchange thought of his opinions on the cadets.

Reiner Braun: The mind and constitution of a grass fed ox. Respected by his commrades.

"I'll never be a burden to anyone, you hear me, I made a promise." Armin said. Picking up his bag and his resolve from the promise he made three years ago. He got the baggage and starts running fast.

Armin Arlert: Delicate as a daffodil. Can barely do field work but academically brilliant.

The task moved on from to endurance to ODM skills. A few dummies were raised to simulate titans. The figures of Annie, Bertold and Jean charged it.

-slash-

-slash-

Two deep cuts were lain on the target afterwards a more shallow one was laid by Jean who was out of focus.

Annie Leonhart: Gifted with does not exactly swing it well around others.

Bertold Hoover: Heaps of great talent but too mild mannered to take charge in anything.

Jean Kirstein: Highly proficient in the ODMs but also . . . an insufferable smartass with a hair trigger temper.

"Think those show off can slice and dice. Best hope you see a titan before I do." Jean said to himself mad that he didn't get the kill.

He charged forward to another target. Only to have his prey snatched by the likes of Connie.

"Way to lead the charge dude. You don't mind if I steal your thunder right" he said in his cocky way. Unfortunately both men then got suckered by the pony tailed girl aka "potato girl" Sasha. "Yahoo"

Sasha Braus: At first glance seems retarded but on the field has impressive uncanny instincts. Though rarely shares them with her teammates.

Connie Springer: Agile on the switchbacks. But a few sandwhiches short of a picnic.

Ahead of them lies a unique duo. A black haired girl slashed deep with quick precision on many targets. Swinging forth without even breaking a sweat. With the boy struggling to keep up with the champion skills.