1. Spark

Chapter Song: Que vida la Mia - Reik

Pueblo Blanco, Spain. 1935
SUNDAY

(Lily's Point of View)

It was a beautiful hot and sunny day today in the small but painteresque mediterranean town of Pueblo Blanco. ''Good morning Mami.'' I told my mom as I descended to the kitchen all dressed up and ready for the day.

''Good Morning Nena.'' My mom responded as she flipped an omelet in the steaming casserole. ''Can you please feed Brandy, I'm busy with breakfast.''

''No Problem!'' I said cheerfully as I filled my dog's plate with food.

''You're in a good mood today.'' My mom said skeptical cause I was usually a very grumpy early bird.

''That's because today is officially the first day of summer and I'm finally graduating University in less than a month. Then I'll be free finally.''

''I know Lily. And have you thought of what you'd like to do after? Maybe do a masters degree here too before you get a job in Pueblo Blanco?''

''Mama, I do not plan on staying here, there is no way.'' I told my mom because I feared she would like to keep me in town. ''I can't stay here this town is to small for me. I get bored, of doing the same things.... being with the same people. I wanna go live in a big city. Where everyday is different and I can... I don't know, chase after my dreams.''

''Lily, never say never. You could end up falling in love with someone from Pueblo Blanco and staying here. God knows how to shut us up as life goes so, just keep your options open.''

''I know everyone in Pueblo Blanco, and there's no chance of that happening I promise you.'' I told her as I poured myself a cup of coffee.

''Oh really and what about Jeronimo? Have you seen the way he looks at you with those puppy eyes? you should give him a chance, he's a really nice boy.''

''I do think he's really attractive, and a nice guy. But, I love him in a brotherly way. I mean he is your brother's best friend. That would just be weird if I started dating him...''

''Oh and speaking of the devil. Good morning son, it's almost noon and you're barely up? go on you have chores to do!'' My mom told my brother Rogelio.

''Ugh mom, let me at least have breakfast and coffee first. I can't function without food.'' He said groggily as he rubbed his eyes and sat on the kitchen counter.

''Thanks sis you're the best.'' He told me when I gave him a cup of coffee.

''Sure. Now that I brought you coffee you need to help me out setting up my canvas in the plaza.'' I smirked.

''Oh my god I don't have energy today...'' My brother complained.

''Shut up You gotta help me that thing is so heavy!''

''Rogelio, come on help your sister set up her canvas.'' My mom told him.

''I will I will, I was just messing with you. But let me finish my omelet first.''

Me and my family, we're catholics. but we stopped going to church everyday and just go on special occasions, like christmas or easter. Still, the rest of the people from Pueblo Blanco were very committed to church, and it would reach it's full capacity every Sunday even though it was a huge temple.