20. Light

Author's Point of View

Lana walked down Rue St. Honoré with her long white cashmere sundress and a Chanel pearl long necklace. She entered La Maison du chocolat, a small sweets shop on the corner of Rue St. Honoré, and bought a box with six macarons before heading to her final destination.

Next to the Seine river, Lily sat down in a café, sketching an old couple sitting on a bench in front of her, as she drinked her hot espresso even though it was nearly dinner time. As she finished putting the last strokes of ink on her sketchbook, a tall and elegant figure approached her table. The most beautiful woman Lily had ever seen sat in front of her with a radiant smile.

"I picked up some macarons for dessert, your favorite; maracuyá and chocolate." Lana said handing the burgundy box to the younger girl.

"Wow, you really know how to make me happy." Lily said with a smile looking at the box and Lana giggled before she crossed the table and kissed Lily passionately on the lips.

"I missed you all morning. How was work?" Lily asked blushing from the kiss but also grateful that in this city, they could act as they pleased without anyone pointing fingers at them.

"It was great actually! Since Guillaume is very pleased with my performance as a backup singer, he wants to give me my own solo show on Saturday nights!"

"Babe that's amazing! Oh my god, you're going to become a star, I know it. Your voice is so beautiful. I bet everyone that hears you sing falls in love with you." Lily responded amazed at Lana's singing career quick growth.

"Thanks honey." Lana said smiling with shyness. "I think they also love the fact I can sing in Spanish. French people love it. And I will get to have my own musicians at the show too!"

"Spanish musicians?" Lily asked.

"I specifically told Guillaume I preferred Cuban musicians. Just in case." Lana said winking at the younger girl, making Lily laugh.

Lana and Lily had built their lives from scratch in this city. Lana got a job as a singer at one of the fanciest clubs in Champs Elysees, while Lily decided to get a master's degree at L'Ecole
Des Beaux Arts before initiating her life as a full-time artist. Both girls lived in a beautiful small apartment that had a view of the seine and the Eiffel tower. Everything was perfect, the simplicity of their life, away from all the trouble and pain they had experienced in Pueblo Blanco.

After enjoying a nice dinner, both girls took a walk down the river's pavemented road before they got home.

''Bonsoir les filles.'' Mrs. Gaullen, their neighbor who was watering her plants, told both girls politely with a smile as they were both climbing the stairs to their apartment.

''Bonsoir Madame.'' Both girls said in unison.

''How are you doing this evening?'' Lana asked politely in her not so perfect French as Jaime searched for the apartment keys on her leather satchel.

''Oh very good dear, thank you. My two sons are coming from Lyon this evening to visit me and my husband. You should come over tomorrow for supper so you can meet them. Two handsome boys are what you gals need, and they are both single!''

''I'm so sorry Madame Gaullen, tomorrow we are both working all day I'm afraid it won't be possible...'' Lily said pretending to sound disappointed.

''Yes, I am very sorry, I think your handsome sons might have to ask other girls to dine with them tomorrow...'' Lana said apologetically and Lily tried containing her laugh.

''Fine, fine... it's your loss!'' Madame Gaullen said sarcastically. ''Goodnight girls.'' She said before entering her own apartment. Lily and Lana entered their own apartment.

''If only she knew...'' Lana said after closing the door.

''I think she would tell the landlord of the building to kick us out. For sure.'' Lily laughed.

Lana laughed too and put her arms around Lily's waist.

''Maybe she already suspects something. You're very loud during lovemaking...''

Lily blushed as hard as a tomato and swallowed hard before Lana giggled.

''I'm just kidding...'' She whispered before leaning in and planting a kiss on Lily's lips.

Lily placed both her arms on Lana's shoulders and kissed her back.

''But seriously, what if someone finds out about us again and becomes a problem like it was in Pueblo Blanco? Just because it's Paris it doesn't mean everyone is open-minded.''

''Well if Mrs. Gaullen finds out about us and has a problem with it, then we'll move." Lana saidnonchalantly. "I will run away till' the end of time with you, if I have to.'' Lana said not taking off her gaze from the younger girl.

Lily smiled wholeheartedly feeling her heart swallow on her chest.

''Te amo. Tanto.'' Lily said smiling.

''And I keep on the hope of being capable one day, of not hiding the wounds that hurt me when I think of how I love you a little more every day...'' Lana responded before connecting her lips with Lily again.

As both girls kissed, they understood. It didn't matter where. As long as they were together, no force would come between them. Nothing would scare them anymore.

Fin

Sorry, it took me a long time to finish the epilogue to this novel. I loved writing it, and I hope you enjoyed reading it as well. I am now publishing the last five chapters to another one of my novels, Old Money (It's the prequel to Summertime Sadness) So add it to your library if you haven't already and allow notifications from wattpad so you know each time I publish a new chapter. Writing stories like this one helps me escape from time to time and live another life, I hope you feel the same way when you read my novels. I read every single comment you guys post and am so thankful I have readers like you, who are so so special to me. So Thank you, and I'll see you in my next story. XX

Soho Gal