"Tentacles burst from his ears."

*Dala's POV*

"Woah. This place is going to get completely trashed!" I walked in the door of Ed's flat. We were only about an hour late, but already people were completely drunk - some high - and smashing stuff up.

I looked back at Claire, who was fiddling with her hands and seemed entirely nervous. Although she quite liked parties once she'd had a drink or two, she hated them sober.

I manoeuvred through the mass of people - far too many to fit in the small flat - to find the 'bar'. Only a few bottles were left on the table but I managed to mix up some foul tasting and ridiculously strong concoction. I pushed into the mass of people to look for Claire and Ella after having a couple of drinks with another in my hand. Someone pushed me and I felt my legs wobble, before I regained a bit of balance and stumbled into Claire.

"HEYYY CLAIRE-Y," I grinned.

"HOW DID YOU GET DRUNK SO FAST?!" she yelled over the loud music.

"HERE, DRINK THIS," I shoved my drink into her hand. She sniffed it suspiciously before downing the whole glass.

"Ewww! WHAT'S IN THAT?!"

"Ummm," I struggled to find the recipe in my hazy memory, " I THINK THERE'S LIKE FIVE VODKA SHOTS AND ABOUT 2 AND A HALF RUM AND 3-ISH OF SOMETHING CALLED SCAPS, I THINK IT'S CHEAP SCHNAPPS BUT IT WAS CHERRY FLAVOUR AND CHERRY IS YUM!" I shouted, impressed with myself for remembering the ingredients of my 'Dala Special' cocktail.

"WELL IT'S RANK!" Claire shouted.

"I KNOW BUT IT WORKS! I'M HAVING ANOTHER ONE!"

I made my way back to the drinks table, wobbling on my heels. Suddenly, someone's foot flung out whilst they danced, catching me off balance. I fell into a mass of hard muscle as two arms gripped my sides. After shaking the dizziness from my head, I slowly looked upwards. My gaze met a broad chest dressed in a black tshirt, then a strong, chiselled  jaw and finally a set of piercing blue eyes.

"Well, hello," the guy smiled at me and shook his blonde hair off of his face.  His eyes had a wild look, they had ripples of darker blue and white which reminded me of the ocean in a storm.

I giggled, "hi!" I surprised myself with how girly my voice sounded. Suddenly I realised that I was still pressed against his chest with his giant hands clutching my arms. I propped myself back up onto my feet and turned to smile. 

"I think you fell for me," the blonde guy said, managing to pull off the really cheesy chat up line with a sideways smile and a quick wink.

"Haha," I giggled, finding the line hilarious in my drunken state.

"Can I get you something?" Blondie gestured to the drinks table behind him. 

"Sure," I replied, "surprise me!"

Blondie began expertly mixing drinks as I stood behind him humming 'Heart of Glass'. My attention drifted to the music that was booming through the packed room - it was some folky song, a bit like one of Ed's, that had been remixed and made into a dance tune. I loved Ed's music, so I would have recognised if it was one on an existing album or EP. It might be his new stuff. I only managed to pick out a couple of lyrics over the pounding bass and shouts of the people around me:

"So that's that, there ain't nothing I can do or say. Well, it's a long way-"

"Here you are gorgeous," Blondie handed me a plastic cup filled with a bright blue, sparkling liquid.

I took a gulp. It was revolting - even worse than the poison I had mixed up earlier.

"Urm, thanks," I said, putting down the drink on a shelf next to me, "I'm going to dance, come with?"

"Nah, it's not really for me," Blondie replied, shaking his head.

I pouted and did my best puppy-dog eyes at him. "Please Blondie, for me?"

"Ok fine, you go ahead, I'll be there in a minute. And my name's Charlie by the way," Charlie chuckled.

"I'm Dala," I said as I turned away.

I fought my way through the crowd to find a bit of space to dance in. After about five minutes of jumping and swaying to the music, Charlie joined me with my drink in his hand.

"I SAW SOME GUY HOVERING AROUND YOUR DRINK. I THOUGHT I'D BRING IT TO YOU BEFORE HE SPIKED IT!" Charlie shouted over the deafening music. He tried to dance in time with me, but he just ended up looking awkward and started to do some sort of 'dad shuffle'.

I shouted "THANKS" back before downing the drink and throwing the plastic cup over my head, out of the way.

As I continued dancing, I began to feel lighter and wilder. A fuzziness played at the edges of my vision. I started to propel my arms out in directions that I didn't know that they could bend in. I began laughing hysterically at the manic contortions of my body. Charlie laughed with me, but with a slightly worried look in his eye.

"WOAH CHARRRRLLLLLIIIIIEEEEE, LOOK AT MEEEE!" I screamed, waving my crazy limbs at him. The fuzziness started to close in, eating away at Charlie's face and muffling the loud noises.

"UM, YEAH."

"CHARRRRLLLLLIIIIIEEEEE, WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU?!" As I watched, he grew another eye in the centre of his forehead and all of his gorgeous blonde hair turned grey and flaked off. I widened my eyes and dropped my jaw in horror as tentacles burst from his ears and started squirming.

"WHAT?" he yelled back at me, but I could only reply in a scream as his mouth started dripping black. The fuzziness started to pull me down.

I realised, in that moment, that I had been drugged. I had never been high before, although I knew Claire wouldn't have put it past me. The truth was, I was incredibly scared of drugs. Having been to parties and raves since the age of 16, I'd seen friends taking ecstasy and smoking weed. I saw how the drugs changed people, so that the quietest would start shouting and the most frigid would lose all their inhibitions. I'm neither the quietest nor the most frigid, so I'd hate to see what drugs would do to me. I guess I'd soon find out.

In a moment, all of my thoughts dissipated. The only words I could mutter were "well, shit" before slipping into unconsciousness.  

***A/N***

Got round to updating finally! It's not as long as I'd like it to be but I couldn't really bulk it up any more without making it really boring.

Anyway, hope you guys like it! x