"But I was just there like 'Whaaaaa'"

***Dala's POV***

I bounded up the stairs to mine and Claire's flat, taking the steps two at a time. I was ecstatic. I quickly unlocked the door before bursting through it, making Claire jump out of her skin. She stood in the corridor with a bowl of cereal - despite the fact that it was 9pm, Claire was always snacking - and milk splashed all over her face from when I made her jump. 

"Christ, Dala, why did you do that?!" She demanded, using her jumper sleeve to wipe the milk from her cheeks. 

"Oh my God, it was the BEST!" I shouted, dumping my handbag on the sofa and pulling off my Doc Marten's. 

"Oh really, what happened? How's Lewis?" Claire asked. After Lewis gave me a lift home a few weeks ago, I had told Claire instantly about everything that happened; how I'd been drugged, woke up in Charlie's bed and finally - and most importantly - about my encounter with Lewis. I also told her about the next gaming session we had planned and how I was crazily looking forward to it. I had been right to be excited!  I sat down on the couch and ushered Calire over to sit next to me before recalling my day with Lewis...

"I knocked nervously at the door of Lewis' flat. I was dead on time - mainly because I waited outside his building until exactly 3pm. Lewis opened the door almost instantly. His hair was ruffled so that it fell just over his face. The afternoon sun highlighted his cheekbones and brought out his freckles. He smiled broadly: "Hey Dala! Come on in!" And I stepped inside-"

"Are you going to tell this like a story the whole way through?" Claire interrupted my narrative and sweeping gestures.

"Shhh," I hushed her before continuing in my storyteller tone. "We played xBox games for a few hours, him strategically planning how to kill me and me giggling hysterically when he did. After a while, we got tired of video games and decided to watch a film. I spied one of my favourites from Lewis and Charlie's stash of DVDs - The Internship - and plucked it out of the case. I put on the movie whilst Lewis went to get some popcorn. As I settled into the sofa, watching the ads, Lewis came back with a giant bowl of toffee popcorn and a blanket. He laid the blanket over me and set the popcorn on the table, sliding under the blanket to sit next to me."

"Awwwwww!" Claire chimed in. She loved the cute, mushy romantic stuff (despite hating talking about sex). She was going to love the rest of this story.

"Ok I can't really be arsed with the whole narrator thing anymore. Basically he was, like, right up close to me. Like THIS close," I said, sliding up next to Claire so that our thighs just touched.

"Yeah, that's pretty close."

"I know! Anyway, we started watching the film and he pulled out the whole 'I'm soooo tired I'm just gonna yawn and... OH LOOK, my arm's now around you, how did that happen?' thing. But I was just there like 'Whaaaaa' because I didn't think it was a date, like he'd never like me, right?"

"Well, he did invite you round, so-"

"Yeah, well. I looked at him with a sort of 'what is this' face, and he just smirked. So I like snuggled down into him and we watched the whole film like that." 

"What happened next?!" Claire was really wrapped in this, I knew she would be. I smiled before continuing.

"Well, it was getting late so I said I had to go. He looked a bit sad, but said 'ok' and put away the blanket and stuff then showed me to the door and..."

"Yeahhhh..." Claire intervened, knowing what was coming next.

"And he put his arm round me then he KISSED ME! AND HE WANTS TO SEE ME AGAIN!"

Claire screamed. Like, deafeningly screamed. Even I wasn't this excited!

"OH MY GOD! What was it like?"

"Really cute actually. Like soft and stuff. It was... different. Y'know, he's not like the other guys."

Claire did know. She had met Lewis once before, through Ed, and understood that he was a really nice, sweet guy that would never do anything to hurt anyone. She had also met most of my previous boyfriends and, safe to say, they were not the same. Most of them left me in a complete state after terrible breakups or fights, and Claire was often the one who had to piece me back together afterwards.

Before I left, Lewis promised to text me details of our next 'meet'. I didn't want to call it a date because he hadn't asked me out or anything, but I was buzzing. I was just looking forward to a new type of relationship; one that might not end in heartbreak...

***A/N***

Thanks so much for 100 reads, it's awesome to know that someone is actually reading this and I really hope you enjoy it! Votes mean a lot, and comments even more - I'd love to hear what you think of it so far!

Sorry it took so long to update, I'm aiming for a new chapter every week and I've got a LOT more of the story planned still so I'll be updating for a couple of months hopefully.

Byeee!

Liv xx