Abducted

I was at the mall with my best friend, Madeline. It was getting late and I knew my mom would want me home soon.

"Where should we go next?" Madeline asked as she walked next to me.

"Maddy, we've been to every single store at least 3 times! Aren't you getting tired?" I asked shocked as she continued trudging through the mall with a minimum of 5 bags on each arm.

"Not at all, are you? If you are, we can rest at the food court and eat something." She suggested looking into my drained, and tired eyes.

"That sounds great." I said sighing with relief.

We made our way to the food court and I could not shake the feeling of someone watching us. I scanned the crowd and nothing seemed to be out of order. Everything in the food court was predictable. The young couple sharing a smoothie, the mom with 4 young kids with the same "Build A Bear Workshop" box, and the kids begging to open them. And of course the usual young teens laughing and talking at a table.

We sat down at a booth in the back, away from the bubbling crowd.

"How much money do you have?!" I asked her as she scanned her wallet for any remaining money. She pulled out a 20 dollar bill.

"Wow, I'm surprised you still have money with everything you bought today!" I teased giving her a playful smirk.

She rolled her eyes and looked around to see what her options were. "I'm going to get Subway, wait here and watch our bags."

I sighed and said under my breath, "I'm probably going to head home soon."

Madeline dropped her arms to her sides and gave me her famous puppy dog eyes. "Zariah! Please stay!" She urged.

I hesitated and pondered for a moment.

"Please, I'll buy you lunch. It's on me, now stay!" She commanded me.

"Okay fine. But get me my usual!" I called after her.

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest as I sunk down in my chair, eager for Madeline to return. I still felt that uneasy feeling as if someone was watching my every move.

........

Madeline finally came back and set my food down in front if me.

"Thanks." I mumbled, taking a bite of my tuna fish sandwich.

"Ew! How can you eat that? It reeks!" She complained.

I rolled my eyes and taunted her.

"Mmmmmmm! This is so delicious!" I said making dreamy eyes at the sandwich.

"Gross." She said in a repulsed manner.

"Maddy, I think someone is following us. Over my left shoulder, don't look though!" I said in a casual tone.

I sighed as she looked and spotted a man in his mid 20's alone at a table, just over my left shoulder.

"Oooooooh, what do you think he wants?" She asked in a curious tone.

"I don't know, but I don't want to find out." I said, causally looking behind me to the man.

I looked all around the room so it wouldn't seem as if we were staring at him.

"Type on your phone what he's wearing and his description. You can never be too careful, especially if he has been following us." Madeline suggested. I nodded and pulled out my phone.

I started to type the description of the man when suddenly I got a call.

It was my mom.

"Hey mom." I say with my most innocent voice I can muster up.

I look at Madeline and warn her with my eyes.

"Where have you been?!" My mom's voice screeched through the phone.

I sighed and shrugged although I knew she couldn't see. "I'm still at the mall with Maddy."

The mention of her name instantly soothes my mother and I can hear her voice become more gentle. "Okay, sweetheart. I need you home by 11:30. No later."

"Okay, mom. Love you, see you later." I said.

"Love you, you kiddos have fun."

"Okay, bye." I blurted and hung up.

"Let's do some more shopping!" Madeline cheered as we finished our food.

I rolled my eyes but I knew I couldn't get out of it and decided to eat the rest of my food extremely slow.

................

It was 11:00 and I politely told Madeline that I had to go. We walked out into the cool night air. The breeze brushed my cheeks and chills ran through my body.

The hairs on my neck were standing up, although I dismissed it, because I assumed it was because of the breeze. Our cars were in the parking garage so we walked cautiously to them.

We said our goodbyes and parted our separate ways once we were far enough inside the garage.

I found the row that I parked my car in and started to speed walk towards it. I looked around as I walked.

The hairs on my neck were still standing up still, so I quickened my pace.

I was getting close to my car when a tall, dark figure stepped out from in between two cars. I jumped and stepped back cautiously.

I slid my hand into my purse and wrapped my fingers around the can of pepper spray that my mom urged me to keep by my side at all times.

The figure walked closer and lunged at me. I pulled the can of pepper spray out and in one movement, sprayed the silhouette right where I thought his/her eyes were.

The figure cursed under its breath, revealing the gender of the assailant as he fell to his knees covering his eyes. I took that as my time to run and sprinted to my car.

I fumbled with the keys and finally got the key into the key hole. I looked behind me to see the man, just in time for him to grab me. I kicked and screamed, but he covered my mouth so it came out muffled. My eyes went wide when he raised a cloth to my face. He covered my nose and mouth with the chemical-drenched cloth.

Only seconds later, everything started to go dark and my head felt fuzzy. I blacked out just after I heard him whisper.

"You're mine."

..................

(A.N) Hi!!!! Thank you for reading Abducted!! Read some of my other books which can be found in my profile, thanks! Love you all!! :) Morgan