Chapter 15

Zariah's POV....................

The men took me to a police station in the nearest town. I honestly didn't feel any emotions that would indicate that I was happy or joyful to be rescued. I couldn't care less what happened to me next. They had given me food, water, and now they were questioning me in a small room.

"Miss, you need to tell me everything that happened. I know this will be hard but you need to cooperate with us, please."

The female officer said, looking into my eyes with her bright green ones.

"I don't want to talk about it. I-I can't."

I stuttered, feeling that lump in my neck. I had gotten accustomed to feeling it deep within my throat.

"Please, Zariah. You are our only witness, we need you to tell us. I'm Officer Cooper, you can call me Joyce if you like."

She pleaded with me, staring at me with concern in her green orbs.

"Well where do you want me to start?"

I questioned, looking away from her hypnotizing eyes.

"The beginning."

She stated plainly, sitting back in her chair.

"My best friend and I were at the mall. We left at around 11:00 pm. In the parking garage, a man tried to take me,"

I sighed as she cut me off.

"Tried? But you were kidnapped."

She questioned, looking puzzled.

"Like I was saying, he tried to take me. I fought but overall, he won. Next thing I know, he put a cloth over my mouth and nose. When I woke up, I was in a chair or bed, I don't remember. I was in an all whit room. I got out of the room to be greeted in a dining room, he was sitting at the table with 'girls',"

I paused, feeling tears fill my eyes once again. I didn't want to talk about the dead girls.

"Go on."

She motioned for me to continue.

"He made small talk with me until I found that my best friend had been kidnapped to come here too. She was brought into the dining room with us. We reunited and he tried to explain it all. He explained that the girls were dead cause he had them stuffed. It was horrible. A few other things happened and we were escorted into another white room, this time Madeline and I sharing. I tried to call the police when we were in the room but my cell phone had no signal. After that, new girls were kidnapped, four of them. Each one of us had an assistant, a male,"

More tears came back, I was thinking about my assistant. The one I had fallen in love with. Miles.

"Can you tell me their names, the boys and girls?"

She asked, taking out a pad of paper and a pen.

"Sure. I'll do the girls first. Jordan, Brittney, Mary, Taylor, Madeline Cooper, and me, Zariah Dean. The boys were Derek, Josh, Jared, Tre, Marco, and M-Miles."

I gulped down the big sob that was threatening to escape my lips.

"Last names?"

The officer asked, while pausing her writing to look at me.

"I never asked. I only know mine and Madeline's. I figured they'd all live and we'd all m-make it back to t...tell you."

I started to cry. It was still a very sensitive time and subject.

"Honey, calm down. It's okay, not a problem."

She reassured me.

"It's never going to be okay again!"