Chapter 5

"Please, help me."

The boy pleaded. Recognition hit me as I recognized that voice. Miles. I gasped and ran to his side.

"Miles! What happened? Who did this?"

I asked trying to undo the buckles.

"J-Josh. It's not safe here, GO."

He pointed to the corner of the room where there was a familiar little camera with the red light blinking.

"I'm gonna get you out of here, you're okay, you're gonna be fine."

I said grabbing a hammer. I started to hit the strong metal. I hit it over and over again until the buckle broke apart.

"Go, now! They are coming, hurry."

He said nudging me with his free hand.

"NO! Stop it, Miles. I'm getting you out of here."

I broke the other buckle and moved to his feet.  The metal door swung open and I screamed in fear and shock. Josh, Jeff, and a few other guys in black uniforms came in, blocking the exit. I rounded the corner of the table so I was standing next to Miles that was still on the table. Josh came walking towards me with an evil grin plastered on his face.

"Stay away from us!"

I warned, holding the hammer higher in front of me.

"Oh, and what are you going to do?"

Josh's voice echoed through the room with that same evil grin still painted on his face. I looked down at Miles who raised his eyebrow at me.

"I might try a lot of things. How about you, Sidekick? Do you agree with Josh?"

I purposely wanted to piss off as many of them as I could. I looked down to Miles who discreetly nodded to me to keep going.

"I told you, don't call me Sidekick!"

Jeff spat through gritted teeth.

"Why? What're you gonna do? Choke me again, well I'm not scared of you, come on Sidekick, do it."

He clenched his jaw and took a step forward.

"Keep coming, Sidekick. Josh? Why don't you join in too?"

Jeff kept stepping forward, so I stepped forward as well. I blocked the view of Miles as he grabbed a weapon from the table. I was just inches away from Jeff and I could hear his staggered breathing. I could tell he was pissed already.

"Come on, Sidekick. You scared?"

I whispered just to get Jeff more riled up. In my head, I was begging Miles to have a plan to all of this, that he had a reason for me to do all of this.

Everything seemed to be going in slow motion as Jeff charged at me knocking me to the floor. The wind was knocked out of me as I gasped for air. He stood up and grabbed a weapon from the table. I saw that it was a knife. Great, just great. He raised it as if he was about to plunge in down on me, but before he could, Miles raised his arm with the gun still in hand, aimed, and shot. Jeff came falling to the ground, the knife dropping from his hand and landing in my arm. The handle was sticking up out of my flesh as I screamed in pain. The blood curdling scream that echoed in the room, surprised me that I was capable of making such a weird noise. I groaned in pain as I pulled the knife out of my wrist. The blade was drenched in my red, thick blood.

I groaned again as I held the wound that was allowing blood to seep onto the floor.

Miles began firing shots. One after another. The guards began to drop to the ground and there was now only Josh left.

"I thought I trained you better, Miles. Or do you not want me to tell Zariah about Natalie?"

I looked at Miles who still had the gun aimed on Josh.

"Don't you dare bring up Natalie!"

Miles said while a single tear rolled down his blood covered face.

"Why not? Is it a sore subject for you?"

I looked at Josh and back to Miles, forgetting about my arm.

"Who's Natalie?"

I asked looking at Josh, then Miles.

"No one."

Miles quickly said.

"Natalie was his sister. I kidnapped her, not knowing she was related to Miles. I soon killed her as a threat to Miles. He could never betray me, nor go against me. I guess he has broken those rules and will have to be taught a lesson."

I looked up at Miles who had tears streaming down his face. Before I knew it, Josh ran at me, and picked up another gun from the table of weapons. He pulled me up, causing my wound to begin spilling blood. I winced as Josh pulled me in front of him and my back facing his chest. He pressed the gun to the temple of my head. I gasped and tried to squirm out of his tight hold.

"Let me go!"

I said, being careful not to move my head too much.

"Put the gun down, Josh. This isn't her fault."

Josh began to laugh, causing me to shiver.

"I beg to differ! It's all her fault. If SHE hadn't asked you to help her escape. If SHE hadn't tried to play heroin and save you, SHE wouldn't be in this situation."

He pressed the gun harder to my temple.

"Ahh, please. S-stop!"

I whimpered to Josh.

"Put the gun down, Josh!"

Miles yelled at Josh.

"You put the gun down."

Josh said ever so calmly. I believe that is because he knew Miles wouldn't shoot at Josh with me in front of him.

"No! You put the gun down. Don't hurt her."

Miles said as equally scared as I was.

"PUT THE GUN DOWN"

Josh's voice got louder with frustration.

"No, Josh. I know that if I put the gun down, you will kill her and just shoot me, too. But if I keep the gun aimed at you, even if you shoot her, I will shoot you right after. If I put the gun down, Zariah and I both die. If I keep the gun up, You die, and maybe Zariah."

My jaw dropped to the floor.

"So no matter what, I die? Wait, wait! Is there a scenario that occurs in which I live?!"

Josh laughed in a creepy way that only made me more afraid for my life.

"Clever boy. But considering you two, you wouldn't take that chance. You wouldn't dare take the risk of endangering poor Zariah's life. Put the gun down, Miles."

Josh said in a taunting way, totally ignoring my question.

Miles' eyes flickered to the camera in the corner. I knew exactly what he meant. He was going to try to signal for Marco. If they were watching, they would come.

Miles began to blink. The blinking was a pattern.

Blink, blink, blink

Blink

Blink, blink

Blink, blink, blink

Blink

Miles finally stopped the unnatural blinking and kept the gun aimed at Josh.

The door swung open, and almost immediately, a gun shot went off. My eyes widened when I felt warm blood against the back of my shirt. I didn't feel any pain but I wasn't sure if that was the adrenaline working it's magic or not. The fired shot still echoed through the room, as I waited to fall to the floor and drift into a never ending sleep.

.....................................

(A.N) Hey, guys! Dun, dun, dun! Who do you think got shot? Miles, Zariah, or Josh?? Comment and tell me what you think! I appreciate the reads and everything! :) I have the best readers in the world! Love ya all, Morgan.