Chapter 10

Zariah's POV……………..

I awoke with a head splitting migraine. I kept my eyes closed, as if to protect them from anything outside of my shell of a body. I wondered where I was, so I slowly pried my eyes open. The light in the room caused me to close them again and groan in pain. I pinched the bridge of my nose, and waited for the pain to subside. When it finally stopped pounding, I opened my eyes again. The light that lit up the room blinded me. I squinted and looked around.

“You’re finally up!”

Miles cheered from across the room.

I looked over to him.

“W-where are we?”

I asked, my voice sounding raspy and old.

“I dunno, a room.”

Marco chimed in. His tone sounded annoyed.

“Thanks I got that.”

I rolled my eyes.

“We are in some room I haven’t even seen before. That’s kinda weird since I’ve been here for two years.”

Miles spoke, leaning his head back against the wall behind him.

“Strange.”

I said, barely above a whisper.

I brought my arms up, noticing I had chains connecting me to the wall. My wrists were shackled to a metal chain that connected to the shackles on my ankles that finally connected me to the wall, stuck in place.

I looked around and saw everyone here.

Taylor, Jordan, Brittney, Mary, Derek, Josh, Jared, and finally Tre.

Every girl was lined up perfectly across from their assistant.

Taylor with Derek, Jordan with Josh (Josh the assistant), Brittney with Jared, Mary with Tre, Madeline with Marco, and Miles with me.

Every single one of them was shackled like me to the walls.

“WELCOME!”

A voice boomed over a loud speaker. I soon realized that it belonged to Josh.

Everyone shot up and looked around. Even some who were asleep woke up, with a startled look on their faces.

“TODAY’S ACTIVITY WILL BE GETTING TO KNOW EACHOTHER. WE WILL MAKE A LITTLE GAME OF THIS,”

There was a pause, then he continued.

“NOW, EACH OF YOU WILL HAVE A TURN. WHEN I CALL YOUR NAME, A FEW OF MY GUARDS WILL ESCORT YOU INTO THE ROOM THAT I AM CURRENTLY IN. I WILL ASK YOU EACH QUESTIONS THAT WILL HELP EACH PERSON GET TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER. THERE WILL BE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.”

I clenched my jaw at the thought of his happy voice and mood. I could tell he was having a blast with this.

“FIRST UP, JORDAN. THIS MEANS THAT JOSH WILL GO NEXT AFTER HER.”

I directed my gaze to Jordan. She had a horror spread expression as a door of some sort opened, and three guards emerged.

They went straight for her chains. They unlocked one after another, and escorted her away.

We waited a few moments, until a screen came down from the ceiling. It was a projector screen. A picture displayed of an all-white room. There was one single chair and Jordan was made to sit in it.

Josh flashed across the screen, he had a smile on his face that almost looked genuine, but didn’t quite reach his eyes. His eyes had an expression of anger, and betrayal.