Chapter 13

Emily POV

I close my eyes in the shower and feel the water hit my head as my mind flashes images of Alison and I in the rain last night.

Our lips come together and I can see the sparks flying out from both of us.

She looks so beautiful, even in the rain. She can make anything look beautiful.

She wraps her arms around my neck and a calming warmth fills my body as she presses hers to mine in a need for comfort and safety. I cling to her body, my hands grabbing her waist as I pull her closer.

I don't realize I am smiling until I open my eyes, seeing my reflection on the silver wall.

God what is happening to me?

Just yesterday you hated this girl and now you're day dreaming of kissing her? I shut the shower off and sigh, "get your crap together Em. You have a job to do."

I shake my head and squeeze the water out of my hair before I wrap my body in a towel and make my way towards the guest room.

I bump into someone on the way and when I go to apologize I see that it's Alison. My heart thumps louder in my chest but I keep my composure, "you wanna share a towel too or..." She glares at me with shampoo and conditioner that I am sure Sophia lent her, then bumps my chest with her shoulder as she walks past me.

Alison POV

Asshole!

What an asshole!

God Emily and her stupid...stupidness.

I turn the water in the shower on, then get inside, enjoying a luke-warm shower as I scrub off all of the previous day's festivities.

In the shower I can't help but think about last night. With the asshole. But last night she wasn't a jerk. She was sweet and caring and...amazing.

Raw, even.

Her lips were so pure and emotional. 

As the shower pelts me with water droplets, I see Emily and I, in the rain, kissing like we are the only people on the planet.

That's what it felt like.

Kissing Emily makes me feel like we are the only people in existence. Nothing else matters. No one else matters. Just, us. 

In that moment, I felt untouchable. I felt like nobody could harm me, bother me or see me other than Emily.

And for some odd reason...I like that feeling.

Emily POV

I walk into the bathroom when Alison is showering and she hears the door, then peaks out of the curtain, "what the hell are you doing in here, Emily?"

I raise an eyebrow, "peeing?"

"No! You can't wait 5 minutes?"

I shrug, "possibly but I might piss all over your-" "OKAY! Just...make it quick." She swipes the curtain and I smirk as I pee, then grin, glancing from the shower, to the toilet.

I grab the handle and flush.

Seconds later I see the steam from the shower and hear Alison screech, "EMILY!"

I snort and laugh loudly as I sprint out of the bathroom before she murders me.

Moments pass and Alison charges out of the bathroom in a robe and a towel covering her hair, "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" She runs over to me and I laugh as I run and Leo raises an eyebrow, "what in the hell?"