Part 2- A raging war begins

From Verana's shoreline, a fleet of imperial ships could be seen, approaching fast. The Pokemon there were able to see them, and quickly ran to ensure their safety. A small group of Sentinel soldiers saw the Pokemon running from the shore, and when they looked out to the sea, they saw why.
"Quickly, we must alert the queen!"
One of them said as they began to run as fast as they could to the castle. The Queen's castle was in the north, however the invasion was in the south. The imperials would gain ground in Verana before anything was done- how much depended on how fast the word of the invasion got to the queen.

After a long journey, the soldiers reached Queen Blaze's castle, bursting in unannounced and extremely tired.
"My queen- we have an urgent message for you."
One soldier said, out of breath, looking at a very surprised and unpleased Braixen, Verana's queen.
"I should hope so for your sake, bursting in unannounced. Keep it not from me- present your knowledge to me."
She replied.
"The empire is invading... In the south. There was a fleet of imperial ships- twenty or twenty five at least. They're clearly looking to take over the country."
He replied, causing Blaze to stand up from her throne.
"What? Richard, alert the garrison immediately. I want the message passed on to every Sentinel soldier in this country. I will not lose my position to the imperials."
She commanded. Richard, a Quilava and the queen's Royal advisor, ran to alert the garrison.
"Also, I need you four to retrieve General Xavier for me immediately. I need him to guide the army in this desperate time."
The four ran to bring him before her, and the queen was left to plan for the war ahead.

After a long period of time passed, a Lucario named General Xavier appeared before the queen, Bowing before her.
"You requested my presence, my queen?"
He asked.
"I did. I'm not sure if you're aware, but the country is under a sinister threat. The empire comes here in terrible numbers. I need you to go to Verana city, evacuate the Pokemon there and barricade it. I have alerted the soldiers beyond the city that they will be cut off. Now, go. Oversee preparations for the barricade and travel with the sentinels outside the castle gate. They will help you in your effort."
"As you command, my queen."
He bowed again before leaving the throne room, the queen being joined by Richard.
"My queen, the garrison is moving out now."
"Good. I will be in my chamber- I require some time alone."
She replied.
"As you wish, my queen."
Richard stood in the throne room alone in case anyone required the queen's presence.

Meanwhile, in the south, the imperials had landed and were already making progress. After securing a base in the shore, their operations began, taking over small villages and towns, stealing their supplies. Their base continued to grow as more shipments of imperial troops arrived. Soon, a strike team was sent to attack the first city- Jorlenberg city- a small yet prosperous place. They were met with some resistance but they soon took it over. They now hand expanded land to build upon.

The emperor was greatly pleased at this- his plan was going perfectly. Just a few more locations and Central Verana would be within his reach.

Meanwhile, the barricade around Verana city was Almost complete with reinforcement material being fitted. It would hold the empire back for quite a while. After hearing this, the queen had another job for Xavier. He was used to being moved around often- he was recognised by the queen because of his physical ability and natural talent as a leader- thus giving him the title of General. He was always leading groups or moving to different locations- it was what he did best.

He was moving to a sentinel camp to organise a patrol for the barricade- he was to escort troops there and give them their orders on the way. He moved quickly, reaching them before nightfall. He met with the captain at the camp.
"I'm general Xavier. I'm here for your troop for the barricade. are they assembled?"
"Yes, general."
The captain replied, motioning for the troop to come forward. A group of fifteen to twenty troops showed.
"Excellent. I'll take them there now."
He said, leaving.

They arrived, and the troops took their place. I was dark at this point, and the troop on the night shift took their positions. The others rested, as they would serve their time soon enough.

The next day, the troops switched shifts. Xavier was on the day shift.
"Anything to report?"
He asked, the troops revealing no threats coming.
"Alright, keep lookout. Be ready."
He replied.

An hour later, He was patrolling the area, Waiting for anything to happen when a soldier shouted.
"Imperials on the horizon! They're attacking!"
The army immediately began to fire arrows at the attackers. Xavier, with his armour and the sentinel crest on it, began to help. They killed a few off- the remaining imperials charging until the hit the barricade. The began to try to bring it down, the sentinels defending it. The Sentinels fought tirelessly to defend their home, while the empire fought back to push them out of the nation's largest settlement. The battle for Verana city had begun.