Part 7- The Sentinels strike back

"Is everyone ready?"
The queen asked.
"I've received word from every group. They're all ready."
Richard replied.
"Excellent. Tell everyone to storm the base. Move the catapults into range, but tell the crews to watch closely. We don't want any of our own killed by their fire."
She replied, getting up from her throne. She stood at the entrance of her stronghold, looking at her once prosperous, now ruined country. She held the amulet her mother gave to her as she slowly moved her gaze to the sky. She truly believed her army could restore peace to her country, and she had no idea how crucial it was that she was right.

Word slowly reached every Sentinel group in the country, and the war was about to take its next step- the Sentinel assault on the imperial base.

General Xavier received word, moving his troops in the east toward the south.
Ryan and the flaming arrow moved with Zap alongside them and Verana city's garrison moved as well.
"Come on soldiers! Let's move!"
Luca commanded.
"Sir, what of the imperial?"
A Sentinel asked, making Luca stop and think.
"You take him to the castle and travel to the south once you deliver him. He can't be left here."

With that, every Sentinel troop in the country headed to the imperial base, ready to take it down and move across the sea to Ornera. After they destroyed the imperial base, they would take the fight to Ornera in an attempt to kill the emperor. It wouldn't be easy, but the army were up to the task. This was it- if the sentinels lost the assault, they would lose the war. 

The imperials were resting and preparing when they heard and saw something strange. The lookout, positioned high above the camp, was the first to realise what was advancing to the camp.
"Sentinels! In large numbers!"
The imperial shouted.
"What? How? Guard the base! Get every soldier to defend this base! We cannot lose Verana!"
A commander shouted.

With over 100 archers and almost 1000 additional soldiers, the Sentinels charged into battle against a surprised 50 archers and 500 imperial soldiers. 
The fighting started, with soldiers like General Xavier, Luca and Zap eliminating many solders that stood in their path. With the additional archers to support them and the blade bombs from Zap, many imperials fell to the sentinel army, and with less than 100 troops left, the imperial army surrendered, giving the sentinels complete control over Verana again. After a long and hard battle, the imperials had lost all control over the nation. The sentinels rallied in victory, marking the beginning of the downfall of the empire. They celebrated their victory, capturing the remaining imperial troops to be held captive for attempting to take control of Verana. Their celebrations were cut short however as the sentinels still had a job to do. Leaving small part of their army to defend the country from a surprise attack, over 600 sentinels used imperial ships to transport themselves across the sea. They moved toward Ornera, preparing to take the country by surprise as they were unknowing of their army's defeat in Verana. At least, that's what the Sentinels thought...

"My Lord! I have urgent news!"
An imperial solder said to the emperor.
"What? Tell me at once."
The emperor commanded.
"The sentinels- they've invaded our base and taken control of it- we've lost Verana."
The emperor was so angry, he was having trouble keeping it inside of him.
"Okay... Anything else?"
He asked, through gritted teeth.
"They're also coming here, using our ships."
He couldn't hold it in anymore. The emperor exploded into a fit of rage, swinging his greatsword against his Fortress walls, scratching them while letting out a cry of rage. The imperial simply stood still, eyes closed, waiting for him to finish. When he did, he was still furious.
"Go fortify the base! I want every imperial in this country taking up defensive positions NOW!"
He shouted.
"Alexander, retreat every imperial ship in our fleet back here immediately! These sentinels will pay for this affront  with their lives!"
The emperor shouted again, looking out at the stolen imperial ships through his castle window.
"You will all die- not one of you will make it back alive."
He said angrily. His eyes were practically glowing with fury and his claws were me clenched into fists, as far as they could be. He was determined to stop the sentinels from surviving the assault, and he would do everything in his power to stop them.

"My queen, the imperials have been defeated. I've just received word that their base is ours now."
Richard told her.
"And what of the army?"
"They're on their way to Ornera. They're using imperial ships for transport."
The queen fell to her knees.
"Are you alright, my queen?"
Richard asked as she shed a tear.
"I knew they could do it..."
She said, still on her knees.
"This is it, Richard... Peace has been restored to our country. We can restore the peace that existed for 250 years again. The Sentinels have done a service that we cannot repay. May heaven rest the souls of those who lost their lives fighting for our safety and security."
She said, standing and returning to her throne.
"You will be respected by your Pokemon for this. They will surely see you as a powerful leader, and I'm sure this will be a time long remembered."
Richard said to her, and she nodded.
"You're right, dear advisor. It will. I believe that the sentinels can take Ornera by surprise, and I'm sure they'll win this war. They have the power to do that."
"Yes, they do, my queen. Let's hope they do win, so peace can officially be restored."

Imperial scouts had sent the message for all imperial ships to return to Ornera, and many were already on their way. The journey was long for the sentinels, and because of the long distance, some imperial ships landed before they did. They would have a lot of fighting to do before they got to Ornera's shore.
"Make sure you're ready to land, troops! Ornera will soon be within our sights!"
General Xavier said to the soldiers on his ship. They got ready and when they saw Ornera's shoreline, what they saw shocked them.
"This isn't good..."
Luca said to himself.
"This is going to be a long fight..."
Ryan said, with the flaming arrow looking on and agreeing.
"We've come this far, soldiers. Don't let them intimidate you.
"General Xavier said to his troops, although with what he saw, he had his doubts that all the ships would land safely. The imperials truly had prepared as the sight ahead proved, and the sentinels would have to fight before even landing on Ornera's shoreline...