Chapter 13- The Jealousy

Important A/N at the end of chapter!

It was as if the three of them had all frozen. Katie's heart was hammering in her chest, palms clammy with sweat. Sirius pulled Tara behind him, pointing his wand towards Katie.
"Stay back," he warned, clearly worried about Tara's safety.
Katie held her hands up in surrender.
"Sirius, I'm not going to do anything." She said softly. The truth was that she wasn't completely sure she wouldn't do anything. The attack on the painting had seemed to be out of her control; she was afraid she would unintentionally harm Tara. Sirius backed away slowly, pulling Tara with him. Katie had expected her to protest, to stick up for Katie, though she knew she didn't deserve Tara's sympathy. She expected it because that's how it had always been. Tara and Katie against the world. Yet now, Tara stared straight into Katie's eyes with fear and disgust.
Tara allowed Sirius to pull her away, not once taking her eyes off Katie.
She was gripping Sirius' arms and Katie was filled with an unexplainable jealousy and rage.
If it hadn't been for Sirius Black, she thought, Tara would be with me, we'd be friends. None of this would have happened. She shouldn't be holding onto Sirius. I'm her best friend.

Katie was unsure why she was feeling this way but she couldn't control her emotions.
"You." She said to Sirius. "This is your fault!"
With every sentence, she took a threatening step forward.
"Tara's my friend, step away from her."
Sirius looked at her , his face contorted with confusion.
Katie lifted her wand towards Sirius.
What am I doing? She thought.
"Leave Tara alone! Give her to me, I had her first!"
"Tara isn't anybody's!" Sirius yelled. "Don't speak of her like that. "
Despite Sirius' obvious fear of Katie, he stared into her dark eyes.
Katie seemed to come to her senses.
"I-I'm sor-don't know what I was thinking..." Katie trailed off.
She looked up at Tara and Sirius before running out of the hallway towards her classroom.

In class, Katie nervously watched the door, waiting for Tara and Black to enter. Eventually, they showed up, though they both avoided looking at Katie. The whole lesson they refused to turn towards her. Katie didn't mind being ignored as long as nobody else found out. She didn't want to be expelled as she would have nowhere else to go. Katie realised that Tara must have talked Sirius out of going to Dumbledore and she was filled with a happy, content feeling. It meant Katie could still have hope that Tara would return to her.

A/N
Hey guys! I know it's been a while since I last updated and I'm really sorry about that. This is a short chapter but I'm hoping to make the next one quite long.
Also, I have an important question. Since this story turned out a little different to how I expected it, I feel like the title "Why Me?" doesn't seem to fit anymore with the storyline. So please, can you guys comment any story titles that would fit better with the story.
You can comment your ideas or message me, though I'm more likely to see it as a comment.

Things to keep in mind when thinking of a title:
Katie's father is Voldemort
She has one friend (Jacob)
Nobody likes her, especially the Marauders <<though the marauders don't seem to physically bully her
She's quite unpredictable
She can sometimes tend to be fiery and fierce.

If you can come up with a title I will be so grateful and you will get credit for it, also a follow for the winner.
Thanks for reading, don't forget to
Vote
Comment
Follow
Share
:)