Innocent - Vikklan

The story itself is kinda self explanatory.

Word Count: 613

-

in.no.cent

/ˈinəsənt/

adjective
3. free from moral wrong; not corrupted
4. not intended to cause harm or offense; harmless

From Latin:
in- nocere
'not' 'to hurt'

-

Vik was innocent.

He never swore, he never thought 'dirty' thoughts, and most of all, he never mingled with the 'bad' kids.

His grades always stayed at a perfect A and he was one of the smartest students in the school.

He was one of the fastest swimmers on his team and played the piano beautifully.

Vik was the definition of a perfect child.

-

Lachlan was the opposite.

All he did was swear, he was incredibly 'inappropriate', and the boy was a 'bad' kid.

He was one of the most well-known troublemakers in the school: so well-know, in fact, that teachers didn't even bother to try and argue with him anymore.

He was a good runner, but it seemed that all he did was hang out in shady areas with his shady friends.

Lachlan was the definition of a problem child.

-

The small, cinnamon-skinned boy sauntered happily down the hallway, an arm full of books and a face hidden by nerdy glasses.

Of course, he wasn't looking up and was instead focusing on landing inside the coloured tiles on the floor.

So what happens when you don't look where you're going?

Vik skipped right into someone's rock-hard chest.

Startled, he adjusted his glasses and raised his head up.

The boy's warm chocolate eyes were met with icy blue ones.

There stood one of the worst kids in the school, Lachlan, who glared at the short kid who had suddenly slammed into his chest.

His cheeks turning slightly red from embarrassment, Vik did the only thing he could think of and backed away slowly.

As he stepped back, the blonde's glare shifted into an expression of amusement.

Readjusting his stance and crossing his arms over, the much taller boy continued his intimidating stare until the small dark haired boy finally broke the silence.

"I-, um, I'm sorry," he stuttered nervously, cheeks growing a darker shade of red after hearing his own shakily unconfident tone.

"For what?"

"For, uh, for bumping into you."

"You mean, for intentionally walking into me and blocking my path?" Lachlan sarcastically retorted.

"Sure, y-yeah."

"Sure what?" Lachlan pushed again.

"I'm so sorry for intentionally walking into you and blocking your path." Vik didn't want the prolong the problem he had already caused, so he figured it would be better to just oblige and move on.

Lachlan smirked at his submission, a mocking one-side smile that secretly made the cinnamon boy's heart flutter.

Not daring to look the blonde straight in the face, the little brunette straightened his glasses for the second time in what must've been two minutes and then walked right past the tall smug boy with folded arms.

Lachlan' smirk quickly dropped off of his annoyingly handsome face as he turning to see the back of the small Indian boy, slightly upset that things weren't exactly going his way.

"Wait!" Vik paused in the hallway, but he didn't turn his head. A few other pairs of eyes glanced over at the word as some of the students were beginning to watch the mysterious commotion.

Lachlan's arrogant, trademark smirk returned as he mentally finalized his plan.

"You're meeting me after school."

And with that, the tall mop of blonde hair did the exact same thing that the now shocked Vik had done earlier: he pivoted on his feet and marched down the opposite direction of the hallway, not even sparing a single little glance backwards.

The small Indian boy could only gape after his quickly disappearing figure.

-

A/N
I'm definitely going to write a part two to this; I just didn't want to put that much in one little chapter. I would've had to use so many time skips and breaks and I really don't like doing that, so until next time!

~D