Heat - Minizerk

Not gonna explain it this time, I wouldn't want to spoil anything :)

Word Count: 1061

The dark haired boy stepped daintily through the open door and paused, a small but echoing tap sounding beneath his feet. He glared at his feet(and the floor tiles for good measure), and continued tip-toeing his way through the hallway.

The boy reached the end of the short hallway and let his breath out, thankful for no more small noises.

He peeked into the dusty window of the door marked '204', but before he could even look something just felt off. Maybe it was that cold tingling sensation down his spine, or maybe it was the dark foreboding knot forming in his stomach...

The tall boy shook his head, clearing his thoughts.

A little tense from his apprehension, he peeked through the tiny window once more.

The room was empty. And not just the 'I'll be back soon' kind of empty, it was the 'no one has been here for a month' kind.

The chairs were stacked up, perfectly balanced and hanging over the rough edges of the desks. The teacher's desk at the front of the room had only office supplies arranged carefully on top of it, and the old-fashioned chalkboard behind had no trace of chalk dust. All of the cabinets were closed, even the bins were empty as far as the boy could tell, but that wasn't the strangest part.

The blinds were fairly modern, and could be adjusted to let in little to no light, but that was exactly what they had been set to. No sunlight streamed through the closed slits in the blinds.

For god's sake, the place was a school. The blinds are never completely closed.

The boy frowned at the unusual scene, pulling his head of dark hair back from the cold glass. Stepping back from the door, he turned around to face the empty hallway, suddenly realizing just how alone he was.

The boy quickly walked back down the corridor, attempting to make as little tapping sounds as possible. Still moving briskly, this time down the flight of stairs at the end of the hallway, he pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and checked the time.

2:34
Shit.

He gritted his teeth in frustration, even letting out a soft little growl.

Where is Simon? He was supposed to meet me here ten minutes ago.

The dark-haired boy checked his phone again, this time tapping on the little white and green speech bubble.

His text history popped up immediately, the most recent one being "WHERE TF ARE YOU?!?!" to just plain 'Simon.' The text underneath the message read delivered, but not the read Josh had been hoping for. It was sent 3 whole minutes ago, before the boy had even gone upstairs to check the classroom his friend was supposed to be sitting in.

The tall boy, his facial features changing into look of defeat, sighed dejectedly, not knowing what to do. He rummaged his mind for ideas, but the best he could come up with was to just leave and call Simon later.

Call Simon.

The boy shook his head lightly, dumbfounded that the thought hadn't come to him earlier. He might've even laughed at himself if it wasn't a mildly serious issue he was dealing with.

Exiting the 'Messages' app, the dark-haired boy clicked on a different app, this one with a white phone on the same green background. Switching over the the keypad, he began to carefully dial the numbers he had memorized by heart. When he had input the last digit, he pressed the call button and brought the device up to his ear.

One ring.

Two rings.

The tall brunette boy gritted his teeth again, mentally pleading with his friend to pick up the goddamn phone.

Three rings.

A crackle at the other end, and a low, gruff voice.

"Who is this?!" the voice demanded.

The boy on the other end of the line frowned, confused as to why it was not Simon answering the phone. The guy didn't sound like Simon's brothers or father, either, which puzzled him even more.

"It's Josh," he answered cautiously, not caring to give out any more information than needed.

"Josh?" a voice croaked out from the other end, giving Josh a sharp jolt of recognition. It was Simon!

Unable to contain his immediate rush of worry, the dark-haired boy named Josh began to fire questions at his best friend. "Are you okay? Where are you? Why does this guy have your phone? Who is this guy anyways? What are you-"

Simon smiled tiredly, his lazy grin hinting uncharacteristically at a little sadness. "I'm fine, Josh. Don't, um, don't worry. I'll be downstairs next to the brick wall of the parking lot."

"Okay, I'll come get you!" Josh chirped, slightly blinded by his relief.

With that, Josh shut his phone without saying bye and ran the rest of the way down the spiral staircase, taking the stairs two or three at a time when he could. He burst out the doors and took a right turn down the school hallway, sprinting down the empty halls until he arrived at a set of glass double-doors. He paused a moment to catch his breath, then he pushed the doors open.

It was nothing like he had expected.

His blonde-haired best friend and boyfriend was pinned up against the wall, an arm placed strategically just below his neck. The owner of the arm, a muscular brunette who was even taller than him, had just begun to lean forward to connect his lips with the waiting lips of Simon.

As soon as he heard Josh walk out, the muscular guy smashed his lips onto poor Simon, who squirmed under his touch. His boyfriend cast a look of guilt to his eyes, begging him to do something.

It made Josh's blood boil. Simon was his, all his. No one else could touch him, especially not like that.

And so it was with a cry of anger that Josh sprang forward to attack his boyfriend's forced lover, his fists flying uncontrollably with the adrenaline that coursed through his body.

It was with rage that he pounded the other man's face in until he was satisfied with the way it was ruined.

And it was with a sad, sympathetic smile that he kissed his shivering boyfriend on the head and told him things were going to be alright.

-

A/N

Much love to everyone reading this! <3

It is absolutely amazing to see the reads go up every time I update and it makes me so happy. I cannot express how thankful I am that people are actually reading my stuff.

Anyways, a little bit of a switch up today. Did you guys enjoy it ?

Love,

~D