Drunk - Ministar

Quick Notice:

Feel free to request stuff, guys! Usually, I enjoy writing with prompts. :)

Back to the story...

Simon comes across an unexpected situation at one of the Sidemen's meet and greets.  He gets upset, but luckily there is someone who can calm him down.

Word Count: 1200

"Hey, Simon!" The next energetic fan sauntered into the little room marked VIP Meet and Greet, a bit overdressed compared to the tall blond standing in his Sidemen tracksuit bottoms and Sidemen T-shirt. She beamed at him, holding out her arms for a hug.

Simon smiled back at her, allowing her to wrap her short arms around his lanky frame.

"What's your name?" He asked her almost instinctively when she had finally released him. It was probably the 100th time he had said those three words that day.

She mumbled out her generic name and smiled at him once again, waiting for him to comment.

"That's a nice name for a pretty thing like you," he lied, giving her a fake grin. "Picture?"

"Yes, of course!" the girl giddily replied and jumped up in excitement, holding out her phone to a few others who were in line behind her.

She wrapped her arms around his waist from the right side, and he awkwardly draped an arm over her shoulder. He acted like he was happy at the physical contact from a stranger. But as soon as the phone was returned to its owner, the girl cast her eyes to the ground in preparation for what had seemed like an innocent confession of sorts.

"Simon...?" She glanced up shyly, her cheeks turning bright red.

"Yeah?" he replied, with no idea of her true intentions.

"I-"

And her words were cut off by her own mouth moving toward his lips. He was shocked still for a moment too long; she managed to just brush her lips against his.

Luckily, security came to the rescue, but they weren't fast enough to avoid the damage.

Simon's face burnt as well: not with sheepishness, but with anger at the audacity of the girl. He wanted to shrink into a hole, away from the fact that he had just 'kissed' what was probably a minor, away from the fact that the boy in the next room over was the one that he loved very much.

And that is why he had locked himself and a case of beer in his bedroom.

As the events of the day replayed themselves, he raised the can to his tainted lips and allowed the burning liquid to gush down his throat again. There were already a few empty cans strewn around, but it wasn't nearly enough to get him fully drunk yet.

Glancing at the mess around himself, Simon almost wanted to laugh. He had exaggerated his problems once again. What did he have to worry about? There were security cameras; surely they could see that it wasn't his choice. She had sprung forward with no warning.

Yet here he was, getting drunk and being sad. How irresponsible of himself.

It was my fault. He took another swig from the can, feeling more and more anger at himself as the alcohol worked its way into his system.