Part 13

*ERIN'S POV*
I've been playing Kailynn's playlist the entire week. I couldn't get her off of my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about when we were at the hospital. I said I loved her.
I was just completely zoned out when I heard the song I've been hearing everyday. The one that reminds me of her every time I hear it.
When the chorus came, I felt the tears well up in my eyes.
Say something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you. There's nothing left to lose, the fight never ends. I can't face the dark without you.
It was Without You, by Breaking Benjamin.
I always cried when I heard it. I couldn't make it through without a tear slipping down my cheek.
It's been 2 weeks since she went into that coma. I was scared. So fucking scared she might not make it. And she'll never know how I feel. She'll never hear me say I love her. I'll never get to say goodbye.
I'll never get to kiss her for the first time.
I'll never get to hold her hand in the situation I want to.
We'll never have a life together.
And she'll be gone.
Forever.
It's not just me I'm thinking about.
Her brothers would loose her.
Their sissy.
The one who's taken the most care of them for so long.
I felt her phone vibrate.
New Text Message From Ryan
Fuck. What does he want?
I opened it. I felt my fists clench as soon as I read it.
Hey, I heard what happened. You should've been paying attention. Everyone here feels sorry for you. No offense, but I don't. Just because I broke up with you doesn't mean you have to drive without paying attention. You're so stupid sometimes.
Fuck you, Ryan.
I can't believe she fucking lost her virginity to him.
New Text Message From Mom
Her mom? Why would she text Kailynn's phone? Kailynn is in a coma.
That's when I opened it. And my heart stopped. My breathing quickened.
I'll miss you, babygirl. I love you.