Chapter Eight

Catherine109

FamousKilljoy

queenlie08

Beckyrusherdirection

Levine99

Thank you to everyone for reading and helping me reach over 400 reads. A special thanks to the names above for the major support and making me want to write and update as soon as possible. The comments, the votes, and for adding this book to your reading list. Thank you so much!
-------------------()------()------------
Ashley.

Nick and I walked out back to where everyone else was waiting at the field. Anthony, James and Kyle stood across of Rick and Jenna. They were standing in the form of a circle leaving a gap for Nick and me.

When we filled the gap, Nick spoke.

"Alright, I will instruct today, Ashley will be sparring with James, the two brothers will be sparring with each other, and Jenna with Rick. I know, you're already experienced but, Ashley needs to watch, as well as participate." Everyone moved so they stood across of their partner. James had a smirk plastered on his face and a mischievous glint in his eyes. This should be good.

"First," Nick began. "We will practice basic defense." James came forward and Nick stood beside me showing me the proper stance. "Like this." He stood with his legs spread apart, one foot slightly behind the other. "Don't want to trip over your own feet." Then he lifted his hands and balled them one covered the lower half of his face and the other was in front of his neck.

"You need to know how and when to duck, turn, and dodge." Nick nodded at James who threw the first punch, which I skillfully dodged. He punched again three times and I dodged every one. His last punch was toward my face and I jumped out of the way, grabbed his wrist and twisted it.

Nick looked very impressed and James looked horrified.

"How did you? But you're- When did?" He stammered and I giggled loudly.

"My dad's a Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps. He taught me self defense."

"Why didn't you say something?" Nick asked.

"I thought it would be fun to mess with James." He looked shocked and the face he pulled was priceless.

"You're mean! Like really mean." James pouted.

"Alright well then we'll work on your offense, every other day will be a different area of training. Now I want to see how well you can punch, kick and I want to see if you know the areas that are more fatal." When Nick said 'fatal' James looked mortified, I swear he looked like he was going to pee his pants if I walked towards him.

............

After kicking James' ass several times, and me panting like a dog, (No pun intended) we walked back in the house and I went for a quick shower to sooth my aching muscles. Nick made me practice the same strategies mixed with some of my choice moves, repeatedly. I felt so sore, and it hurt very much to walk.

Once showered and dressed in a white sweat shirt and jeans I went back downstairs and everyone was in the living room engaged in an argument.

"What's going on?" Their argument was actually amusing and I couldn't help but laugh.

"They're saying that girls are weaker than guys and can't protect themselves." Jenna clarified.

"It's true!" James shouted and flexed his biceps. "You need us big and strong men to protect you." He kissed his bicep and Jenna and I gagged.

"If I remember clearly, Ashley kicked your ass like three times!" James put his hands down in shame and I broke out in a fit of giggles.

Nick pulled me down into his lap and he placed a kiss on my shoulder.

"Hi." I whispered to him.

"Hey." He responded with a big smile on his face.

"So what do you guys want to do?" Jenna asked breaking our moment.

"I want to eat." I stood up from Nicks lap and started to walk away.

"You always want to eat." James laughed. I grabbed a pillow, pushed him to the ground and straddled his waist hitting him repeatedly in his face.

"Alright, alright!" He yelled. "Truce?" I stood up from him and turned away.

"Truce!" I shouted and walked away towards the kitchen.

"Ashley." Nick turned me to face him and held something out for me. "I charged it for you, call your mom she must be worried sick." I took my phone from his hand and unlocked it.

I had 47 missed calls 29 voicemails and 178 text messages from mom alone. I had a few texts from Natasha and I opened the one voicemail she left, I put the phone to my ear and listened to what she had to say.

"Ashley, Hey." There was a long pause. "I know, I know, you're mad at me for ditching you that night but please, understand that I couldn't just leave him. I know you'll understand when I explain it to you."

"Was that Natasha?" Jenna asked.
.
"Yea it was. Wait? How do you know Natasha?" Jenna stared at me unmoving and then the kitchen door opened.

"Because I told them I was coming." Natasha walked in through the door and my stomach started flipping.

"How? Why? You...WHAT?" I screamed. "Why are you here?" Again I screamed. "How do you guys know each other?" Natasha repeatedly opened her mouth and shut it again, muttering a few inaudible words.

Anthony came from behind her and put an arm around her shoulder placing a kiss on her temple.

"Ashley, Anthony and I are...mates!" I'm going crazy right? It seems the longer I stay in this house, the more insane I become.

"Wait so you know about werewolves? When did you find out?" She took a hesitant step and then spoke.

"I-I'm...Ashley I'm a werewolf." She finally let out. I stared at her for a few seconds in shock. My best friend is a werewolf and I didn't even know? I didn't say anything, I started feeling light headed and then everything went black.

-----------------------------------------
Alright, I'm sorry about this chapter, writers block has hit me in the face and I can't seem to form any proper sentences.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the rest fk the story.

-Natalie.