Chapter Twenty-Six

Hello everyone,

I know it has been far too long since I've updated, but I hope I'm forgiven with this next chapter.

I hope you enjoy it and as always,

I love you guys.

I know it's been forever since I've addressed this, but even though I know you guys are here and you comment and vote, my stomach still gets butterflies every time I see a vote or comment or a follow. It's so incredibly amazing how supportive everyone is, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you all.

So this chapter is dedicated to every one of you that has been here by my side, throughout this journey we shared together. Again, you guys are amazing, beyond that even.

ENJOY!

------------------

Ashley...

A week had gone by since Nick proposed, it seemed like ha asked me only two seconds ago. Every time I glance down at the beautiful diamond ring hugging the finger on my right hand, my heart would skip a beat and my eyes would start to water on their own accord. It was an impossibly incredible feeling I had no words that could explain the way I felt.

Natasha was on her way over to here for a surprise she had in store for me, we were going dress shopping, she said that Jenna, Nicks mom, and Paige would meet us at the shop, but that's all she would tell me.

Believe it or not, the wedding was in a week, Nick and I had agreed on this day because it would mark our six month anniversary of knowing each other and we wanted that date to be more significant and it just seemed appropriate.

"Babe?" I heard Natasha's voice from the door, I had been sitting on the couch, my legs crossed, and was putting in a new set for my pump. Anna had gotten me the blue version of my pump this time and I absolutely loved it.

"In here!" I shouted as a response. not looking up when she walked in, I focused on injecting the set into my thigh specifically for convenience, since I knew I'd be trying dresses on all day. I quickly removed the needle and strapped the pump to my thigh, hiding it under the flowing red dress that fell just above my knees.

"You all set?" Natasha asked, I looked up at her finally and my eyes immediately went to her now, very visible baby bump, she looked like she was already six months in.

"Yea, let me get my purse." I grabbed my Michael Kors bag off the coffee table and hung it over my shoulder. I turned to face Natasha again and bent down so that I was closer to her belly. I lightly placed my hand over the bump and began talking to the child.

"Hi Honey!" To everyone it may seem weird that I am talking to a developing child, that is still in the womb, but I found it nice and every time I spoke, the baby would kick.

"She won't stop moving lately, she's got all this energy and I absolutely love it." Natasha laughed, rubbing protective circles over her belly.

"That's good, I like energetic babies, they're always so entertaining." Natasha nodded in agreement and we walked together to the garage.

"So what'd you say the surprise was, again?" I asked trying to pry an answer from her, as I took a right turn and merged onto the freeway.

"I didn't say, but that was a good try." She giggled at my annoyed expression, I really wanted to know what was going on, and I didn't like being kept in the dark.

"Come on, Natasha, please?" I begged, to which she just smiled and shook her head.

"We're almost there anyway, just hold off until then, woman." I huffed and just focused on my driving, not sparing her a glance despite her many attempts to get my attention.

...

We pulled in to the parking lot of the gigantic bridal shop, Natasha had told me this was owned by some of our pack members. The shop was quite nice and inviting, the building was a velvet and white color, that was mostly glass, revealing the hundreds of dresses on display, and hung on racks.

"Okay, so walk inside, and your surprise will be awaiting you." She had the goofiest grin on her face. She looked the way a child would, if they were placed in a candy store and told they could have whatever they desired.

Not being able to contain myself any longer, I decided to just walk in already and get the surprise over with. I really couldn't bear not knowing what she had planned.

Slowly, I opened the door, revealing the elegant looking bridal shop, where Jenna, Paige, and Nicks mom had stood. I looked around, expecting a surprise of some sort, but it was just the three women in front of me.

"Is this the surprise?" I asked confused. "I mean, I already knew you guys would be here, A-am I missing something?" I questioned. The three women had smiles plastered on their flawless faces, and they each took a step to the side, not saying a word, and revealing a white couch, with a woman sitting on it.

"Mom?" I asked in disbelief running towards her. She held her arms out and embraced me in her comfortable and warm hug. I had talked to Nick earlier about going to visit them and explaining to them that I was getting married, and that I wanted them there. To which of course he agreed, and wanted me to talk to them tonight.

"Hey, sweetie, how have you been?" She asked as fresh tears started to gloss her eyes. I was now holding her hand, looking at her through teary eyes of my own.

"Well, obviously I'm getting married." I chuckled, as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"Honey, I'm so happy for you, and to an alpha nonetheless." I stiffened at her words. Did she say alpha? How does she even know what it means, and that Nick is, in fact, an alpha. "I know, you're confused as to how I know this, how I know about wolves?" Again my jaw dropped and I saw Natasha look at her in shock.

"How?" Was all I could manage. She pulled me to sit down next to her, and I willingly complied.

"Your father and I come from a long line of werewolf protectors. We were selected, by family, hundreds of years ago, to form an alliance with the wolves and protect them against being exposed to the humans." She turned to Nicks mom who chimed in quickly.

"We didn't know your family was one of the protectors, you go by the last name 'Stevens' when we know your family under your mothers maiden name, 'Connery'." She explained to me.

"I wanted to tell you sooner, but when you and Natasha said you'd be going away, I knew that was a lie, I knew you had found your mate." I stared at her in shock. Not knowing what to say. I honestly was happy that my parents knew of wolves, and I was ecstatic to know that they got along.

"How long has this been going on, our family being 'protectors'?" I asked.

"For as long as the werewolf species has been around. Our family was selected by the moon goddess and a werewolf committee to be protectors, which is why you felt way too safe and comfortable with Nick from day one." She explained and I nodded, remembering just how close I felt to him, when we first met.

"I think this is amazing, I know that I could come see you now without having to worry about you finding out about weres." I spoke up. She leaned in and hugged me.

"I'm glad you think so. Now get up, let's find you that perfect dress."

--------------------

(A/N) I know this was short, but I only did that so that I would make the next chapter the wedding hopefully and have it longer, so that you'd see what her parents were, and finally get some answers.

What'd you think? I purposely wanted to keep it short and brief so that the next chapter puts everything together.

I hope you enjoyed!

As always,

Follow,

Vote,

Comment,

And

Share.

Much love,

Natalie