t e n

Dedicated to cake_7 . Please don't feel like shit, my big sister. A smile suits you better.

The table looked as if a rainbow had accidentally leaked on top of it

The table looked as if a rainbow had accidentally leaked on top of it. Pastel hued swans, green elephants and orange foxes. he was a skilful imitator of God with paper. Scraps of paper transformed him into a tactful architect. he thought that he could easily build himself a colourful papier-mâché kingdom.

There was a sense of calmness that doing origami provided him with. There was always a fixed goal or purpose while folding paper and being able to reach it with ease, it did alleviate his spirits for awhile.

she had been observing him for two weeks now. The way how his eyebrows creased and the way how his tongue slightly peeked out of his pursed lips while he was in deep concentration. The way how his nimble fingers worked deftly and swiftly- folding and refolding the paper. And the beautiful products of his diverse imagination and prolonged patience were splendid. she loved those magnificent paper objects he crafted.

There was this aura of action, precision and tranquility about him. It deeply intrigued her.

Due to his mother's aggressive persuasion, he finally agreed to join a group therapy centre which she ensured would cure his forlorn soul. he was highly doubtful of it and continued to attend the blade to his arms and thighs. Even origami failed to administer the sort of soothe and pleasure cutting himself did.

Everyday after school, he idled in the group therapy centre for an hour, pretending to listen to their lectures and half heartedly participated in the activities. The therapists knew that he loved origami and encouraged him to make more. And due to their persistences, he complied to them.

she watched him in awe as he neatly folded out a fierce warrior out of paper. he had also added a sword in one hand and a lovely colourful crown on the warrior's paper head.

she was determined to approach him today and ask him to teach her how to make dinosaurs. But something held her back.

Like every other day, she looked into his red tinted brown eyes trying to figure him out and she saw a King fighting with demons to retrieve his long lost kingdom. And doing so, she forgot about her own demons that she had to fight with.