n i n e t e e n

Finally the twentieth chapter. The book is going to end soon :(

As he sat in front of the smooth gaze of his therapist, his unrestrained thoughts sought her face

As he sat in front of the smooth gaze of his therapist, his unrestrained thoughts sought her face. It's been over a week since he saw her. she abandoned all the group therapy sessions. It seemed to him that she was avoiding him. And he deserved it. he's been an asshole to her. he regretted it too much. she no longer replied to his messages.

he missed her so much. he missed her soft voice which was like the tinkering of the frail bells tied to the messenger pigeon's feet. her goofy mischievous smiles that accelerated his heart. his fingers missed her bony cold tinged fingers between their gaps. he needed her to go on. he felt incomplete. Like a piece of him had been forcefully shattered. he hated himself for letting go of her hand. For arguing with her.

"You cut yourself thinking that you deserve it," his therapist said. he snapped back to reality. he stared down at the floor, refusing to meet with the woman's sharp gaze.

A few seconds ticked by.

"Yes or no?" The therapist questioned smoothly. he looked up hesitantly.

"Yes," he answered uncertainly with his gaze fixated on the floor.

"But why?" The therapist asked. he looked down again. More seconds of uncomfortable suffocating silence passed by.

"Is this because of your father?" The therapist asked, enunciating each word slowly and carefully. he looked up suddenly with fury kindling in his eyes. The therapist leaned back on the chair, knowing immediately that the topic was still touchy for him. he gulped down water to calm his nerves.

"So what about this boy?" The therapist asked after he placed the bottle on the table.

"Which boy?" he asked puzzled.

"You were telling me about this stalker boy, the other day. Tell me more about him," The therapist asked smoothly. he sighed in realisation.

"he is a stalker. I don't know how but he knows about everything that's going on in my life. he is better than me at everything. And he mocks me on that. he finds me hiding in places where no one else can find. he amazes me that way. he knows of all my weak points and constantly reminds me of them. he is the reason why I am...I hate him," he said with tears brimming his eyes.

"Hmm," the therapist hummed thoughtfully. "Is he your classmate?"

"Yeah. Quite popular too. Everyone likes him," he said sadly.

"Any idea of why he despises you?" The therapist asked. he cringed at the therapist's word choice. Despise. Everyone despised him. Now she too.

"No. I don't know him at all. he is new to the town," he said.

"What's his name?" The therapist asked. his gaze intensified.

"Michael Frost."