t w e l v e

A/N: Time for celebration. #65 in short story. Dedicated to all my lovely readers. Thanks for your support. So here is a happy long chapter for all of you....

"So, what do we start with? The T-Rex or the dragon?" she mused on as she stared at his downcast eyes

"I told you a hundred times. I can't teach you," he said as he folded a pink paper.

"Why not?" she asked, sounding crestfallen.

"Because I don't want to,"he answered curtly. she looked at him with her most adorable puppy eyes stare but his gaze seemed to have been fixated on the paper.

"Why do you think that you are the best thing? I don't wish to learn anything from such an arrogant bastard," she huffed but he didn't even spare a glance. he let the silence replay again, causing her to feel agitated.

On the verge of giving up, an idea struck her. It was almost childish. No, it was absolutely childish. But she was ready to do anything to irk him. she grabbed a bottle of cheap carbonated orange drink and uncapped it.

The world was a whirlwind trying to suck the masses into it's focal point. Many had a roof above their heads that neutralised the effects of the whirlwind. But she was one of the few that clung to the railing hoping to reach ashore anytime soon. Many a times, her fingers felt tired for grasping so tightly and she contemplated freeing herself. But she didn't because her hopes were as strong as the railing itself. Something told her that he was the same too.

"If you don't teach me. I will spoil your entire creations with this drink," she said mischievously as she vividly gesticulated at the plastic bottle. he shook his head at her immature antics but never looked up.

Feeling rebellious, she angled the open bottle almost horizontally just above a flock of paper swans. A drop gravitated down and tinged a swan's tail, an orangish hue. she almost gasped. It felt like she had committed an heinous crime.

she had this knack for embarrassing herself. she almost considered it as an inborn talent. However she was a girl of calm and collected composure. her reactions are usually neutral and bland. she never let her wild thoughts leak on her personality. But that day, everything went wrong.

It was just a simple ring of a bell. A bell that announced the end of another group session. A bell whose decibel count was a little more than what was legally allowed. But it startled her and stiffened her spine. Never had she thought plastic bottles might be elastic until a splash of tangy bittersweet fluid hit her face.

her strangled squeal called for his attention. he looked up slowly to meet with two bright stars partially enclosed by diaphanous eyelids. Orange liquid coated her otherwise pale skin and dripped down on her shirt. her button nose had been scrunched up. On feeling his gaze on her, she pouted.

And he never expected it to happen. It not only surprised her but also him.

His voice send resonating vibrations through her body. she thought it sounded like the definite rumbling of church bells. Each note amplified and cleansing.

The King laughed.