Chapter 2

Note: Hello 🌸 I've decided to turn "Make The Best Of It" into a series/chaptered work. Just realized that there's a ton of stuff I want to write and that it'd be impossible for me to squeeze everything into a twoshot.

As mentioned before, Arthit and his friends are fifth years in this story, while Kongpob and his friends are third years.

If you've yet to read Chapter 1, you can find it published under my "Other Oneshots"! 😊

The tradition of handing over the much-deserved gear to the freshmen could only be described with one word: bittersweet. The juniors were a mixture of grateful, elated and touched. They had suffered through a lot to attain the accessory and for the third-years...well, you're only a third year senior once.

It was heartwarming to have the juniors coming up to them to thank them for everything. Every second that had been sacrificed was worth it. It had been a long preparation of meetings and trainings, not to mention days of being berated by the seniors. Oak and Aim were getting a little teary-eyed, along with some of the girls.

"Anyway." Tew addressed the third years, calm and collected as ever. "We have Kongpob to thank for leading us as head hazer. Kongpob, come to the front please. No, don't try to hide. You're not small enough to be hiding behind Aim."

Aim lightly pushed Kongpob to the front, the head hazer accepting the chilled cup of drink that Tew handed to him. While he was better at reigning in his emotions, witnessing the freshmen accepting their gears made him feel somewhat overwhelmed.

"It wasn't just me." Kongpob protested. "Everyone else helped and put in effort."

"But you're head hazer." Wad added in. "You took the brunt of the scoldings from the seniors even though you weren't at fault. You spoke up for me and saved my ass from getting kicked when I lost my temper with that freshman."

The rest of the group murmured their agreement. While they had been fairly punished, Kongpob had born the brunt of it as head hazer. He was always speaking up for them, sharing the opinions that some of them didn't dare to voice out to the seniors.

"Whatever it is, I still couldn't have done it without you guys. It was a team effort. It wouldn't have worked out if someone had slacked off. Everyone here played an important role. So...yeah, from the bottom of my heart, thank you everyone."

"Group hug!" Someone yelled and all the third years huddled together in the middle of the beach, placing their arms around one another.

At the side, Toota sniffled, "This is so touching." He turned to Bright and started blowing his nose on the male's hideous pink flamingo-printed shirt.

"What the fuck, Ai'Toota-"

"Shh, can't you see that I'm having a moment here? Don't talk to me. God, you're so insensitive."

"Stop blowing your nose on my damn shirt-"

"I said shh." Followed by more nose-blowing sounds.

The fifth years were immensely proud of the third years as well. Although they hadn't been able to partake much in the cheer activities, there had still taken the time out of their busy schedules to mentor the juniors.

"They really grew up well. It's like watching my children grow up before my very eyes. Without the giving birth to them part."

Prem reached around Knot to flick Bright on the ear, "The heck? You weren't even around for most of the things."

"Like I told Ai'Toota, I'm on a quest to seek true love."

"True love my ass."