Chapter 7: Campus Sports Day (Go Engineering!)

Note: I was super excited to write this part!I think I got a little carried away (as always).

Anyway,this takes place two months after Chapter 6 🌟

x.x.x

The campus stadium was jam-packed with students dressed in their own faculty t-shirts and colors, the atmosphere electric as supporters waved their school flags and the respective banners they had designed to cheer on the participants.Makeshift booths lined the pathway leading to the stadium, promoting their drinks and colorful snacks.

The engineering faculty had gone an extra mile this year, shaking their tambourines and makeshift noise-making props as they cheered rowdily. Really, the noise was defeaning when you have a faculty that's made up of mostly guys yelling their hearts out.

They were all decked out in different shades of red and black, and some of them had even applied red camo on their faces to show their engineering spirit.

Bright, standing by the sidelines with Toota, and Arthit, enthusiastically slammed his cymbals together (no, please don't ask how he managed to obtain one), producing a shing!shing!shing! noise.

"Ai'Bright, get that away from my face before I slam your head between those cymbals."

"Where's your faculty spirit, Ai'Arthit?! Your boyfriend's participating in the race! Why aren't you in a cheerleader outfit?"

Toota shook a pair of red pom poms in Arthit's face while Bright clanged the cymbals in the background, "K-O-N-G-P-O-B! HE'S MY MAN, HE'S GONNA LEAVE YOU IN THE SAND- ack!!!" He screamed when Arthit grabbed a baton from a random student and hurled it at Bright.

"No violence! No hate! Make love,not war!Love, love, love!" Bright and Toota cheered in the background, executing a series of what they thought were cheerleader moves. What the hell, the words didn't even rhyme!

"Do a split,Ai'Toot!"

"I'm not going to risk tearing my pants. Or tearing my groin muscles."

The microphone and speakers crackled to life and the crowd in the stadium erupted into cheers, the engineering faculty adding on to the background noise with senseless hammering. Arthit couldn't help but to be proud of them, juniors and seniors alike.

For the fifth years, it was the last time for them to be crazy and to get caught up in the infectious atmosphere. There wouldn't be another opportunity like this in the future for them once they graduated.

"Good morning everyone! Welcome to our annual campus Sports Day! I'm your host and commentator for the day; Nawirat, from the Arts & Communication faculty. Next to me, I have Rome as our co-host, a cute and candid Year 2 Social Sciences student!"

Bright angrily shook his cymbals at the commentator seats, "Who are you to call him cute?!!" He made a heart sign with his arms when the camera panned to him, showing him on the huge screen.

And then he totally ruined it by sticking his tongue out and crossing his eyes together. On the screen, everyone could see Toota and Arthit trying to pull a paper bag down on Bright's head.

Rome covered his face with a piece of paper, shoulders shaking with silent laughter. After collecting himself, he brought the mike closer to his lips.

"Participants for the short 100m race, please assemble towards the starting point. Those participating in the 200m race, kindly make your way to the sidelines and get ready."