Attacked

{Third Person}

Thaladir watched as the sun slowly began to sink behind a clouded sky. It had been four days since the others left, but the Silvan captain wasn't overtly concerned as of yet, and he sighed as he finished the last of his meal. Camp had been made between the boulders that lay scattered across the snow covered terrain. It worked it their favor really, the captain thought. Some of them were large enough to help keep them hidden from unfriendly eyes. But a watch had been set regardless, which was where the his companion was at the moment. Dolenel had volunteered to watch the north side with one of the Noldor warriors. 

Thaladir stood abruptly at the sound of shouting coming from the other side of camp. Something was wrong. He strung his bow and strapped on his quiver and sword that lay nearby. Sounds of battle filled the air more profoundly as he ran to the other side of camp. He cursed at what he saw. They were under attack. The Orcs had found them.

In a blur, he notched an arrow and let it fly, hitting an Orc in the chest and it fell, dead on impact.

They were greatly out numbered, Thaladir realised as Orcs poured into the camp. Warriors fell beside him as he fought. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a warrior backed up against a rock, the ellon had lost his weapon and Thaladir knew he would not last much longer. Shooting the Orc in front of him, Thaladir ran in the direction of the struggling Imladris soldier.

As he ran, a blade came down towards him. Thaladir moved out of the way of the deadly blow, but that didn't stop it from slicing into his side. He cried out, dropping his bow as he clutched at the bleeding wound. But continued forward, sword drawn.

The Orc raised it's sword, ready to bring it down on the defenseless ellon, who backed further against the bolder in an attempt to escape the coming blow. Thaladir leaped forward and ran his sword through the Orc's back and it fell to the ground. Dead.

"Hannon le." The soldier breathed as he came to his feet, picking up his sword. But as the two turned back to the fight, a folly of arrows rained down upon them. One hit the soldier in the chest. He gasped in shock and slipped to the ground with a thud. Thaladir turned and reached forward but searing pain in his upper back made him stumble and he too sank to the ground. His vision blurred, and he could not push himself back up. His mind became clouded with pain. But as he fought to stay conscience, he did not see the Orcs walking away from the destructed camp --nor did he see the ellon who walked freely amongst them.