Chapter 14

That day had ruined my life. Our house was gone, Isaac's mother was gone, and Kathleen was..... gone.
A week later, we buried Kathleen's body in our family burial site. I watched as her lifeless, innocent body was lowered under a tombstone.
They shut the coffin and put the dirt back over her. I looked around and saw my mother, bawling, and Mike hugging her. I looked around to Isaac. He wrapped his arm around me into a hug.
I cried, but Isaac looked not half as sad as I did.
I looked up at him. He softly smiled at me, trying to cheer me up. I must admit how adorable he looked with a black tuxedo.
"Marcy." He said, with his soft, deep voice.
I smiled back up at him, surprised by how I could still fake happiness in such a sad time.
I walked back with Isaac and my parents as we got into our car.
We drove to the hotel we temporarily lived in, and I sat down on my bed.
I laid down, not realizing tears were streaming down my face. I fell into an uneasy sleep.

I was awoken by the sound of a slamming door. I sat up to see Laura's father standing over me.
"Hello, Marcelle." He spat.
"I go by Marcy!" I snapped, sitting up quickly.
"So you did not know I fathered Isaac's sister?" He laughed. "I was his unknown stepfather."
I opened my drawer.
"This time...." I said through gritted teeth. "...I came prepared."
I pulled out my gun and loaded it.
"Oh no!" The man shrieks in his mock teenage girl voice again. "Isaac's girlfriend is gonna kill me!"
"I'M NOT..." I shouted "...HIS GIRLFRIEND!"
I fired a shot, and another.
A bullet went into the man's chest.
"This is for Laura!" I shouted. "For Jane! And this...." I paused a moment, about to fire again. "This is for my sister!"
I shot another bullet.
He had three bullets in his chest. One for each person he killed.
All of the sudden, my mother walked into the room.
"Marcy!" She looked at me, than at the man lying on the floor in a puddle of blood.
"This is not over, Marcy!" I heard Laura's father say with a hoarse voice. "I have people. And they're coming for you."
And the man died sad, unworthy, and utterly alone. Utterly alone.
It was if the world had filled with silence.
I fell to my knees. The man's once corrupted and rude face turned soft, and forgiving like the man I'd seen at Laura's house many years ago.
But that man was gone.
I looked up for a face I could recognize, someone forgiving, but all I saw was my mother. She had a grim, expressionless look on her face.
"They've come to take you away, Marcy." Said my mother.
And the door opened up behind her to reveal two men in white suits.
And I knew immediately who they were.