Chapter 4

Spinning his head around, he saw said boy looking at him with his eyeballs almost out of his sockets and moments later, he was being caressed by the boy’s touches.

 “What happened?! Why are there so many red flowers surrounding you?!” Mingyu asked, concern filled his voice.

 “Can we... go...out first?” Wonwoo catches his words with difficulty, still holding onto his steady breathing. Mingyu nodded while lifting him to his feet and steadying him to his bedroom. When they settled onto Wonwoo's bed, Mingyu immediately started with the bombarding of questions.

 “...Mianhae…” Wonwoo said while Mingyu just raised an eyebrow at him. “Do you know why I was upset that day?” Mingyu could only look at him, clueless. “I was jealous, Mingyu, jealous.”

 There. He said it. There is no going back on his words now.

 “I was jealous of the fact that you and Sohye are dating. All this time I had thought of you more as a friend, but you didn't seem to realise. What's worse is that you are telling me of your happiness with her when I'm suffering deep inside. Those flower petals…it came from me.” The last sentence caught Mingyu. So Wonwoo had the Hanahaki disease while he dated Sohye?

 “Those represent my feelings for you, Mingyu. I've fallen deep for you, but you failed to noticed it…” by the time Wonwoo had finished his words, he was at the edge of crying, head down, thinking that he'd be rejected in the end. Maybe attending to surgery had sounded like a better option long ago…

 “Wonwoo…” Said boy's head shoot up when he hard a shaky voice.

Mingyu was crying.

 “...I liked you too, since long ago.”