Ch. 1-In the beginning before we lost it all...

Midday, the sun overhead. I was only age 16 but I felt a sense of maturity. It was the day me and my brother had been waiting for our whole lives. It was our day of joining the Royal Guard. Me and my brother Papyrus stood outside the palace, with so much nerve, we could've jumped right out of our non-existent skin. My brother was shaking horribly, and fussing around with my golden diamond shaped pin. As he kept muttering and fussing, I couldn't help but think of how lucky I was to have him. The way he always thought so highly of himself despite everyone else, how he was always there for me... But things can change over time... People, family, anything, changed in an instant. But hey, this was the greatest life ever. I had Papyrus, I was gonna be in the guard, and I had-. But there was no need to think of him, for as soon as Papyrus has finally calmed down, we could hear his calm voice. We both whipped our heads around, Papyrus grinning sunnily as usual. 

"Father!" Was all I heard from Papyrus as we both ran over. Pulling him into a hug, he merely chuckled and sighed. 

"Yes my sons, i'm here." he said in his collective voice. My Father, Dr. Gaster...

"We thought you said you couldn't make it!" I replied. He smiled his warm smile, similar to Papyrus's. I always did love the smiles they gave me.

 "And what, miss your big day?" Papyrus just kept smiling. I'm pretty sure having our father there was really quite a comfort to him, after all, I was usually no help. We finally all let go, and the horns sound. As the door to the kingdom opens, my brother and I stand tall, just watching those magnificent doors swing open. I look up at Papyrus and give a tiny smile. It was our time now. No place to go... But forward. So me and my brother slowly stepped in... Into our destiny.