Ch. 3- My talk with the... Queen?

I could hear my father clapping from the doorway. A few of monsters from Snowdin had come over to see us join the Guard. Told to come by my Father no doubt. I recognized a few... Snowdrake, Grillby (One of my few friends), The bear that always stands by the tree... Heck, even the cute little monster child that toddles behind Papyrus sometimes. My Brother was of course overjoyed with all the people and rushed over to say hi. But I stayed back and watched them, smiling as usual. I leaned back on a pillar, looking down. That word still echoed faintly in my mind... "Determined..." I brushed it aside, looking back up at my smiling brother. But I didn't see him... Instead, blocking my view, was the queen. I bowed down. 

"Your highness, I-"  But I was cut off. She took my hand, leading me down a hallway rather quickly, out of sight of the others. She lead me up some tall stairs, and into a small room at the top. Letting go of my hand, she got straight to the point. 

"You made a bad decision." was the first thing I heard. I cocked my head in confused. 

"You felt it too, didn't you? That word, Determined. It felt strange to you too?" she said, getting up in my face. I never did notice how much taller the queen was compared to me. I gulped quietly, but kept it cool. 

"Yeah... It felt... Undecidable..." I said. I wanted to smack my face at that moment. I probably sounded insane. But the queen stood there like she understood. I started to question. How did this woman know? Did she feel it too? Why do I feel like she understands? I wanted to ask all these questions but I couldn't. She put a hand on my shoulder. 

"My child... I feel like I know something... I cannot confirm it but..." She bit her lip. "I feel as if something is coming... Something we cannot stop." 

I nodded in agreement. I felt it too. I also felt afraid. This woman who I had ever met before seemed to know things... Things I knew too... But both of us couldn't figure out what. This was getting too weird for me. Why wasn't life normal as usual? Just me and Papy... But the queen continued to talk. 

"My child er- Sans... We mustn't talk of this to the others... I know not why we have this but... We do..." I nodded. She let go of my shoulder and began to walk out the door. 

"Oh, and Sans..." she said turning back. "I hope you like pie." she smiled and left. A weird thing to stay, but I didn't question. I followed her out and down the stairs. She sat back on her throne like nothing had happened, Asgore er- The King... Nah, Asgore was looking for her. I leaned back on a pillar as Papyrus rushed over. He stopped being quiet... Back to being his loud and proud self. 

"BROTHER! WHERE DID YOU GO?" he said rather questioningly and slightly concerned. I chuckled, looks like his nerves went away. I sighed with relief. I needed Paps after that confusion with the queen. The mysterious, confusing queen. I shook my head and laughed a bit. Papyrus grumbled and crossed his arms. "You're weird." 

"I know I am." I replied with a grin. He rolled his eyes in his eye sockets but still smiled. The king came in again finally, and looked up at the throne. 

"Tori...? Where'd you-?" The queen lets out a happy laugh. 

"Asgore, i'm still here!" She said cheerily. Like nothing had happened... I don't question. I have so many though... I shrug it off. My Brother is standing there in utter silence, completely lost... Should I tell him about it? I feel wrong not to, me and him discuss everything. But the Queen did say not to... But she's acting like we never talked about it... Doesn't it concern her? To know something may happen? To wonder why we feel the way we do? But there's no time for those thoughts... As i'm lost in thought, my brother grabs my hand and rushes me into a larger room. 

"BROTHER! DID YOU NOT HEAR? WE'RE EATING HERE TO MEET THE OTHERS OF THE ROYAL GUARD!" he said smiling.

"... DO YOU... DO YOU FEEL OK BROTHER?" 

I couldn't respond... Too lost in thought... 

"BROTHER... I THINK WE SHOULD GO HOME..." 

Still... Too... Lost....... 

"COME ON BROTHER..." 

(Few hours later!) 

I wake up in my bed. Looking around confused I rub my head. How'd I get home? Weren't we in the palace? Where was Papyrus? I look around to find my brother sitting in the corner attentively watching.

"YOU... WERE OUT FOR A WHILE BROTHER... WHAT'S GOING ON?" 

I shook my head. Not even I knew by now... The queen, DETERMINATION, my Dad... I kept shaking my head... 

"BROTHER... PLEASE SAY SOMETHING..." He sounded desperate. I finally look up at my brother. 

"'M fine Papyrus... Go to bed..." 

"BROTHER... IT'S MIDDAY..." 

I was a bit shocked about this... Was I out? What happened? 

"Papyrus... What... What happened?" His face went a bit dark. 

"YOU... DON'T REMEMBER? BROTHER, YOU'VE BEEN OUT COLD SINCE YESTERDAY... I CARRIED YOU HOME BUT... YOU JUST WOULDN'T SEEM TO WAKE UP... I WAS RATHER WORRIED..." 

I sigh. I really was shaken up I guess... Oh well... It's over... Dust in the wind, right? ... Bad analogies for this case... For monsters... 

"OH AND BROTHER... THIS WAS FOUND... PRETTY SURE IT'S FOR YOU..." he hands me a small box. Inside was a piece of pie... 

"Funny Queeny... Funny." I mumbled and smiled. 

" ... WHAT?" 

"Oh... Nothing." I say finally. And then... I get back to my sleep...