Ch. 8- The human child

A human child... One of the first signs of life i'd ever seen here... After the accident... I gotta say, this was different. Coming outta the RUINS... I checked plenty, the RUINS were flushed out after the accident... Not one sign of life... But here was one. A small child, looking like a girl to me. Short hair... Brown clothes, overalls... Looked like the humans my Dad told me about... The humans that weren't evil... I wanted so badly to go. Talk to the human... So I carefully crept down the tree, trying not to make a sound. The human was dodging all the "Black Rain". That's the name I gave the stuff coating my left side, because it seemed to fall from the sky when it came. Anyways... I needed to talk to this human. She- Yes, i'm calling the human a she- seemed confused... And... Disgusted by the ooze. Which is understandable, I mean, it is decomposing my whole home as we speak. But... It was home. I saw her approach the bridge. It was rotten... Too rotten to sustain anyone. But the girl looked like she was gonna try... So I slowly snuck up on her from behind. She stopped in her tracks, tensing up. Must have heard me... Hood drawn up, I made my voice go dark. 

"Human... Don't you know... It's not nice to intrude someone's home? Turn around... And shake my hand." The human looked seriously spooked. I wanted to laugh, I couldn't help it. I'm not all that scary... Well... Never mind... Anyways, I could see the human was weighing their options... They slowly turned around, taking my hand. I didn't think they would... But yet, they seemed to be fearless... I could see her small eyes look up at me... And she smiled. She wasn't afraid of my appearance... A monster... I mean, I KNOW i'm a monster anyways, but... You know what I mean. Anyways, she just... Smiled... Looking like she was gonna speak up, I beat her to it. 

"Heya. I'm Sans. Sans th-" But before I could finish, she let out a scream. The darkness on my arm was slowly creeping up hers. I knew this COULD happen, but I never thought it would! She just kept screaming, unable to take her arm away from mine. We were linked together, and I couldn't help her. I could see her HP slowly falling. She was screaming in my mind. 

"SANS! M-MAKE IT STOP! DO SOMETHING!" Like what?! I couldn't reach this girl, I couldn't Save her... I quickly had an evil idea in my mind... I didn't want to consider it... Never had I ever ended a child's life in three years... But this time... It was needed... I drew my sword and struck down on the child's head. I could hear a scream... And then silence... With one eye (my only eye) closed, I slowly opened it... So this is what a dead child looked like... I have never seen one so... Blown to bits... And in it all... Was the child's soul... Bright red... And... Innocent... I felt so much remorse for what I just did... I killed a child... Again... But... Now there was nothing I could do... I took the soul in my hand... So small, so fragile. The child's remains were around me... What could I do with them...? ... I picked her remains up and took them to where I put my Brother and Father's graves... Where ever they were... I dug a small hole... And put the child inside... She could be at peace now... Right? I buried the child then, and left... A few blood splatters remained... And a bit of dust... Heh... Guess humans with no Save Points can be just as fragile... I gathered the dust up and gently places it in my sword. I don't know why I did... But I did... I have to say, this was a very... Eventful day... And to my joy, the end of the day... Time to start the day over, same as usual... I walked back to the Lab, only to not find Flowey there... Oh well... 

................................................................................................................................................................

~Flowey's POV~  

H-How...? Why...? How could he... He... He killed someone... I saw it all... I was wandering in the woods by myself, on the outskirts of what remains in Snowdin. Just having a normal day... But then... I saw the human too... She can out of the RUINS... A place i'm rather fond of... It looked like a she... I honestly couldn't tell. But the human... A REAL human, here in the underground. And in a few seconds... That BONEHEAD killed it... One of the rare ways to possibly even CONSIDER getting outta here, it was with a human soul... Looks like we're stuck here again because of that idiot. I watched it... The blood, the hit... The death... But of course i'm fine with it. What i'm not fine with is HIM getting in the way of my plans. But... I'll have my moment... Soon... Very... Soon... 

................................................................................................................................................................

~???'s POV~ 

I... A... H-How? A... He... I... N-No... NO! N-NO NO NO! *screams* NO! N-NO NO NO! NO! ... But no one came... NO ONE. CAME. ... Heh... Must no lose my TEMPER now... Hehe... Murder... Funny... R-Really funny... Haha... HAHAHAHAHAHA... H-HAHA! HAHAH- N-NO NO NO! HAHA! N-NO!