deux

Street lights were rather interesting in her opinion. Electricity was a strange concept all together by her standards - though she was rather curious about it all. The power to create artificial light was enough to make her question what other things the world was going to create in time.

And with time she had been granted the pleasure of observing and witness many aspects of humanity that would ruin the world for any other person. The humans were delicate beings- their stability nothing but a mirage that kept them sane. Without the stability of communities, they would surely crumble. Marion wold have loved to play a grand role in society but fortune did not hold that for her.

Walking through the streets at night was a point that easily promoted the weak strand of order that society held. Night was dangerous for woman, their safety a mirage that was dependent completely on the men they came into contact with - though it did little to bother her as any man would be foolish to try and approach her.

Marion kept her head high as she traveled further and further away from the rich housing. The homes weren't in pieces and falling to bit, but they were not overly extravagant ans secure as they ought to be. They were lived in and warm - echoing with sound and love from the families that lived within.

Jealousy would not be the word to describe how she felt, but it was something akin to the feeling. Immortality was not the life that she had planned for herself but she wouldn't change anything for the life she had been granted with her brother and daughter.

But eternity was endlessly full of the strife and chaos that ensued in the world around her, and Marion prayed à Dieu for a mate of her own - for Estelle and Hugo to find their endless love. She wished for someone with whom she could spend forever, someone with who her eternal love would last and she would have nothing to fear of them being lost to her.

Her thoughts were cut short when she reached her destination. Ringing the bell, Marion beamed at the flustered young lady that answer the door.

"Marion!" Vera exclaimed, confusion clear. The vampire could pick up the subtle increase of her heart beat, and the way the mother tried to desperately fix up her mussed attire.

"Bonjour ma belle," she greeted, easily crossing the threshold into the softlt lit house. "A beautiful home to go with such a wonderful family."

A rosy blush covered Vera's cheeks and Marion found the girl to be completely endearing. Taking in her new surroundings, she was pleasantly surprised to see how well the décor truly was - pieces of furniture that were not rundown but matched beautifully despite being a tad worn in. She wondered if she could get away with purchasing a new, derserved furniture set for the young couple without it being turned away. Around the front room children toys littered the ground and the kitchen held various dishes, both dirty and clean as Vera had surely been in a state of tidying.

"Pour toi," she handed over a serving tray with pasta and a bag full of children clothes - boy clothing that she had specifically gone out and bought for the adorable Henry. "You must take it - I will simply not take no for an answer."

"I couldn't," Vera told her, trying to hand the items back, but the wanting was clear - the instinct to accept what she could not afford for her son warred against the thought of a handout.

"You must. I insist," she stated, waving flippantly. Making way for the kitchen, Marion removed her satin gloves and her coat - hanging them over a chair and moving to the sink.

"Sit," the vampire ordered, pointing at the chair. "You are to take this time to relax and spend with your son. I will deal with this for you."

"Mar-"