trois

Warm chatter filled the room accompanied with the smooth music that played from the record player. The scent of food and blood mixing in the air dangerously and it made her head dizzy like the sweet wine and hard liquor that the humans sipped from fancy glasses.

The room was full, bodies rubbing together and heat rising. She could see the flush that rose on their faces, the sweat that collected in their hairlines, and she smiled upon seeing them laugh and smile.

Bustling to and thro, Marion shot her daughter a brother a look upon their various behaviours while she carried platters of food. Hugo was boisterous and lively while he entertained guest- too much so that he slipped into French constantly and danced around the room. Estelle was acting very received and distant, saying little to mothing and taking to no one despite the many people that approached her.

With the trays of food balanced in her hands, she smiled kindly to all those that she passed - sharing a few words with those that called out to her. She glided easily into to living room as she danced around the bodies that occupied her home and placed the trays on a table - people automatically flocking to her sides as she presented them with new food.

Gathered around the wall humans filled through her record collection. Various records sat organized by artist and song - she had multiple versions of the same album, though many different sleeve artworks. It was a hobby of hers that she picked up over time, collectables being something that she used to pass her long days.

It was interesting to watch as the people of Rochester, New York fawned over the items in her home as though they were new and exotic. Woman praised her food and homemaking, men praised her alcohol and wealth - the family name.

The Dupuis name was old, just as old as the family that they threw the party to find. The Cullen's had yet to attend the party though she knew they would come at one time or another because Carlisle was a good man, a man with good intentions and a long history with the family. He would feel this sense of duty to attend, it was only a matter of time.

Drinking in the sight of her guest, the leader of her small coven searched the party - listening to every conversation and looking to find the one that interested her most. She had time to spare before she inevitably had to return to playing host - serving the crowd that devoured each item that she lay out.

Near the entry stood a well dressed elderly couple and another, much younger couple. Behind them, standing shyly was Vera and her little Henry - husband at her side.

Smiling widely, she moved towards them with a pip in her step. She called to them, arms held out for the little boy. The baby squirmed in his mother's arms, low giggles coming from him as she grew closer. He was dressed well, fitted perfectly in an outfit that Marion had bought for him. He was a handsome boy in pale blue.

"How cute! I knew this would be his colour, look at how it brings out those eyes!" the woman gushed, snuggling Henry close to her chest and peppering kisses to his cheeks. The party of people laughed, Vera glowing with pride at her son. "And you, ma belle, I see that you wore the dress that I sent for you. I thought you and the little one should match."

A rosy blushed fluttered over Vera's cheeks, the scent growing as it mixed with the other party goers. Marion breathed deeply, memorizing it so she could differentiate it from the others in the room. Her sense of smell was greater even than Hugo and Estelle - a talent that she is not overly thrilled of receiving.

"Enjoy yourselves, all of you!" Marion exclaimed, balancing Henry on one arm and gesturing towards the party to the others. "I will take this one with me, please, do take some refreshments."

Spinning away before the young mother could argue, the vampire slipped through her guest and to the other end of the room. She made idle talk, chattering animatedly with a few men and woman from the bank about Europe.