neuf

Long hours of the night were spent staring at the clock, counting out each minutesecondtick as she waited for thd day to begin new and for that tap of the knocker against the door.

Silly, she knew, but she could not help but feel a little giddy as she thought of Rosalie, of the kiss they shared and how it could have brought the greatest empires to ruin, could have shaken the earth until it crumbled at her touch. Rosalie was all she could think of, all she could speak of, liks she was some druken fool with the urge to proclaim there love from the highest roof for all to hear.

She did no such thing, having been raised a lady and knowing well thw rules of society and how some things were not as easily accepted as they were for her kind. Having lived so long, with some many things that change, mamy immortals found that sins and religion, and petty beliefs were useless things when they ought to have been free to do as they wish and enjoys themselves.

Marion knew many vampires that favoured the company of the same sex, who favoured both as she did herself. She knew still people who could overlook these behaviours as they had no place to judge with the things they had done.

One often left behind the core beliefs of their birth era, preferring to adapt and move forward, or at least overlook once sexual digressions.

Carlisle had told her as much once long ago, when he told her of how sins were a blurry thing when your soul was no longer there, or at least not the same. Marion would always believe that man.

Society did not catch up enough yet, not to the point were a woman could lie with another woman freely, but Marion awaited the time such progression came to be.

The doorbell rang then and Marion stood with a slow grace that was be fitted of the highest members of society, straightening out her violet dress - close to the colour of Rosalie's eyes, but not quite the same - and moved to answer the door; glaring at the top of the stairs as she passed her gawking brother and daughter, sending them scurrying back to their rooms with near silent snickers and giggles.

Opening the door with a human hesitance, she plastered on a smile as though she had not been expecting the beautiful blonde at on the other side.

"Rose! Do come in," she exclaimed as she ushered her in. "I just finished preparing tea."

"You do not mind me being here?" Rosalie blurted, wringing her gloved hands before her as she stood in the foyer.

"Oh no, quite the contrary. I much enjoy you being here," Marion tells her, grinning cheekily as she beckoned the blonde to remove her outerwear and join her in the sitting room. "You are pleasant to be around."

She wondered how much Rosalie remembered of the night before, if she remebered anything at all. Not sure of which she would prefer, she opted to keep silent on the matter and let the her decide how this would progress. Still, Rose had drunk quite a bit, the chances of her remembering the events of the previous night Marion found were slim.

"Royce came by this morning with so many pretty roses, can you believe it?" Rosalie said conversationally as she removed her gloves and placed them one over the other beside the cup of tea that had been set out for her. "It made me feel like quite the princess, I was astounded."

It was much harder to find a reason to smile at her this time, though she forced it, believing that Rosalie's happiness was all that truly mattered.

"You truly deserve the best though, Rose. I can only expect that she shower you with gifts," Marion forced out, hating the way the words sounded off and insincere when she knes rhem to be true. She just wanted to be the one to worship her.