treize

The click of he record as the needle flicked on to play the charming music that set the background. It was a pretty thing, a gentle song with a mellow band and a woman singing entrancing notes. Marion did not know the song very well, despite the sheer number of records that she owned, being the kind that collected music but never really took the chance to listen.

It was always the simplest things in life that were more often than not overlooked with the passage of life. Priding yourself on one set thing was not something one of good character participated in, but Marion often believed herself to be someone rather good at taking in the world around her and the things that life shot her way.

Pretty flowers w re never passed by without a chance to smell the natural scent, a sunset never forgotten after so many years as she continued to connect them to the importance of the occurrences of her day. Estelle's smiles never forgotten as each and every one was a gift onto itself world was filled with so many what ifs and maybe that Marion never risked overlooking, it was perhaps what gave her the confidence to so boldly watch as Rosalie danced around the room to the music and accompanied laughter of young Henry. Blonde curls danced loose around her face, having been tugged free from grubby toddler hands, pretty rose glossed lips pulled back into an enticing smile that made the room truly shine with this outstanding brilliance.

Blue flickered around the pair, the dress flowing with each careful step as the human swayed around the room content and free. A deep purple joined the mix, linking hands together to spin around to the music in a moment of abandon and happiness, Estelle dancing about, free of concerns as she partook in the festivities of the evening. It was a happiness that Marino did not think she could know. Everything she ever wanted was right here before her.

Estelle was never the type to express her joy, and never had she been very fond of Rosalie, but seeing them together was like a dream realizing itself before her eyes. Pieces that never quite fit before locking together, bringing Marion to smile this secret thing hidden behind her long fingers tipped with a pretty pink manicure that reminded her of dear Rosalie's sweet blush. It made her insides warm to see their happiness together, the way their smiles and laughter lit up the room.

"Marie, you should go join them," Vera whispered at their side, her hand coming to rest gently on the vampires elbow, drawing her attention to the innocent smile the woman gave her and the serene look in her eyes.

She must have been feeling something close to herself, Marion found, as they both regarded the people in the room as some of their most important people in their life. Their family, their precious people, they were the ones they would want to protect above all else.

With a silly giggle, she grasped Vera's hands and dragged her out to the impromptu dance, spinning the woman around with he expertly as she met Rosalie's grinning eyes. The needle continued to drag over her record, the click something that Marion used to match her steps to as she lead them through intricate steps and movements, dipping the young mother causing her to bubble over with laughter each time.

Estelle cut in, snatching Vera away from her with an elegant spin and turning so that Marion had no choice but to catch Rosalie before she stumbled, easily working them into the dance alongside the other two.

"Hello there," Marion whispered, leaning forward and placing a kiss to Henry's head, smiling when he giggle and wriggled about in Rose's arms. She turned to Rose as she lead them in a wide circle around the room, easily avoiding furniture as she went. "You are a wonderful dancer."

"I'm not nearly as graceful as you. You look ethereal as you move," Rosalie complimented, blushing as she did. Marion grinned.

"You are like this pretty swan, Rose. A wonderful thing that I cannot live without - no matter how selfish it is," Marion admits, adding on with a cheeky grin, "or how bad your dancing."