Sleeping Beauty

Cara Delevingne as Nova Haze - Shown Above

.

.

.

Novas P.O.V

"My name is Nova Lee Haze, I'm seventeen, turning eighteen soon. I have been a member of Third Quarter for over nine months. I'm an Oracle. I..."

  I continued to ramble on facts I felt were important to me, making sure I was out of limbo. Being a newfound Oracle I had to exercise my brain to make sure I remembered who I was every time I woke up from a vision. Limbo can cause under-trained Oracles to lose themselves, becoming an "empty shell" as Aunt Dee would say.

"I think I'm good."

  Sighing loudly as I pulled the curtains back, letting the sunlight stream into my dark room. The sudden change of light burned my eyes from being in the dark too long. 

  Wincing slightly, I got out of my bed. Jasper probably carried me here after I fell into my vision. Previously, We were setting up Pic-Nic tables in the fields for the oncoming mating season celebration. We were the hosts this year.

  The mating season was a time where packs got together, coming to try and find their god given gift... Their soulmates

  Each year the celebration was held in a different pack, mixing up the order to make sure all unmated wolfs had an opportunity to seek their mates. This year our neighboring pack, Waning Crescent, was coming to our lands to celebrate with us. It would only be us since we've found it to be quite dangerous to have more than two packs together at once. Especially since New Moon's current aggressiveness...

"Goodmorning, Sleeping Beauty."

  The unexpected voice had pulled me out of my thoughts. I hadn't realized someone was with me, causing me to scream out.

"Ah! Jasper! I nearly pissed myself."

  Leaning against my door frame, he smiled down at me brightly. He was 6'3. Compared to my mere 5'4 he was a giant.

  Jasper was the Alpha of the Third Quarter. One of the big four packs in the United States, representing the four main moon phases; First Quarter, Third Quarter, Full Moon and... New Moon.

  Then there were The other four packs;  Waning Crescent, Waning Gibbous, Waxing Crescent and Waxing Gibbous.

  Though They were smaller in populations, they held strength elsewhere. 

  Jasper was one of the youngest Alphas at the time as he had just recently received the title after the old Alpha, his father had died, alongside his mother. His mother had been struggling with health issues which eventually ending her life.

  Wolfs immune systems were incredibly strong, preventing health issues from occurring often... but they still did occasionally.

  It was caused by a weak bloodline. Wolfs who mated with humans would break their pure bloodline, causing their children's bloodline to be weaker than a pure blood, being more susceptible to illnesses. 

  Breaking a bloodline was considered treason since this normally happened through unloyalty to ones mate. The children produced through this were normally outcasted, though Jasper's mother's case was special.

  A mate bound is made between two children of the moon. It was unheard of that the moon goddess would create a mate bound between a wolf and a human, that is, until Jasper's parents met. Their story was publicized everywhere. His father was an Alpha who had found his true mate, a human girl. She was proven to be a blessing, so when they produced a child, it was welcomed and respected.