Weakness

Gerard Butler as Alpha Orion - Shown Above

.

.

.

Caspian's P.O.V

I shifted as soon as I got out of the building, sprinting to the only place I could think to myself, the lake.

  I let my wolf take control, releasing his anger and frustration on small woodland creatures that go in our way.

  Once I got to the lake I swam under the waterfall into the hidden caves. Laying down on the cold stone floor I looked around. This reminded me of where Nova and I were in my dream. But why here?

  I laid there for a while, contemplating on what to do when I felt tingles of pain run throughout my body. My wolf growling in my head as a sharp pain in the side of my neck, causing me to cry out.

  What was happening?

  I gripped my neck as pain exploded throughout my body.

  Nova.

  Something happened to her.

  I felt my wolf pushing me to get up, run to her. But I had no idea where she was. Taking over my wolf pushed me to shift, racing toward our pack's borderlands. Tilting his head up he inhaled deeply, determined to find his mate. Protect her.

  I wasn't worried about getting in trouble for going into other pack lands as we had a treaty with them. They had tried to attack us a few years back, angry with how we controlled our lands, wanting more land. My father quickly had Alpha Chris of Waning Crescent surrendering. Technically we were in charge of their lands now but my father didn't want to alarm other packs, keeping it on the low.

  I heard a low growl from behind me. Smelling their familiar scents I ignored them as I began to race into Waning Crescent lands. Tartus and Celeste followed close behind me in their wolfs forms, determined to keep pace with me.

  I was fast. One of the fastest males in our pack, beating Tartus which made him grow jealous, determined to beat me.

  We ran for what felt like hours before we came reached Waning Crescent towns. Asserting dominance, nobody questioned us, giving us food before we began to travel again.

  Tartus rolled his eyes at me as we prepared to start traveling again. "Caspian, why are you so worried about her. She's female. Weak. No use to you."

  Celeste growled at our brother's comment, "Not all females are weak, brother." She glared at him with hatred.

  We all had different mothers, making us half siblings. Tartus has always been the most aggressive and reckless of all of us while Celeste was the kindest, causing my father to looked down on her, calling her weak and unworthy of his Alpha blood. I, on the other hand, had always followed the rules, respecting our father's wishes as I prepared to take his position once he stepped down once I turned thirty. Six more years...

  I was first born, Tartus being the second oldest at twenty-two and Celeste the youngest, at twenty. Tartus had found his mate as soon as he shifted at seventeen, rejecting her instantly. He thought his action would please our father into giving him the title. He didn't understand how sacred the mate bond was. I hadn't either... till Nova. Celeste has yet to met hers but when she does she told me she plans to leave New Moon for good, never to come back. We were close. I had always looked at her with pride. She was a very powerful wolf, whether my father believed it or not. She had the power to calm those around her and persuade her ideas.

"We better get going. I'm assuming my wolf is leading us to Third Quarter lands. It's another day's trip before we cross the borders lands."

"I better call father to report back to him. He was is very angry with you." Tartus left to find a phone, leaving me alone with Celeste.

"What's she like... What's meeting your mate like?" Celeste looked up at me with her light brown eyes filled with excitement. She looked just like her mother did. Short light brown hair and delicate features.

"She's beautiful. Her scent had beaconed me to her, driving my wolf crazy with lust. Something I've never experienced before. Sparks flew when we touched and I knew in that moment that I wanted to look into her eyes for the rest of my life."

  I felt myself tear up at the thought of losing her. I can't lose her. I won't.

  Celeste looked at me surprised. She's never heard me talk so openly about my feelings before.

"I thought you didn't believe in the mate bond..."

"I didn't... Till I met her. My Nova."

  Mine.

~~~