Overthinking is a Tendency

Nick Jonas as Zane  - Shown Above

.

.

.

Nova's P.O.V

  After contemplating on what to do for awhile I finally stood up. I gripped the edge of the sink as I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My long blonde hair was in sticking up in several different places. Bed head...

  My eyes had dark bags under them causing me to look a lot older than I really was. I noticed I was wearing the same clothes I had on while in the fields with Jasper. Gross...

  My vision had been a stressful one, putting a heavy strain on my body. I was damp from sweat as I stripped myself of my clothes. Scrying really does take a lot out of you. Then again I'm still getting the hang of it. I've only been an oracle for a few months.

  I instantly jumped into the shower, moaning as the water massaged my skin. Leaning my head against the shower wall I could help but think back to my conversation I just had with Jasper. Three days. I was out for three days.

  That meant it was officially January, the month of the Full Wolf Moon. The full Moon was named by the Natives. It was a long time ago. Wolves would howl in "hunger" outside of their villages. Little did they know it was us, calling out to our mates. Mating season.

  Three days was a lot for me. It was the longest I've been held in a vision, taking a tiresome toll on my body.

  An Oracle could be held by the moon goddess for weeks if needed. It hardly happened, but it was possible. Trapped, inside a vision where time does not exist. Without proper training, it's hard to come back from an intense vision like that. Only true experts could succeed something that big.

  An Oracle was a wolf born with the gift of prophecy. They scryed to be able to communicate with the moon goddess to peer into the future. They were powerful wolves, respected greatly by their packs, but with a cost. They were born mateless. With great power comes great sacrifices.
Oracles have mated before, creating families but they will never experience the true bond of a god given mate and must give up their sight in order to form a mark. It's sad really but it's seen as a great sacrifice.

  Oracles are trained from birth on how to handle visions and what to do about them. But I wasn't born an Oracle, I was blessed as one by the Moon Goddess herself. A late bloomer as Jasper would say.

  I've always been a little slow. My mom pulled me out of school at a young age, homeschooling me herself so I could learn at my own pace.

  My mom...

  My mom was a human astronomer, fascinated by the study of stars, planets, and galaxies that make up the universe. She believed there was a higher power than what our mundane eyes could see. Little did she know she was right. In fact, I could see it, I was apart of it...

  My mom was beautiful with long blonde hair that went down to her sides. She was in her late forties but you could hardly tell. People would often confuse us as sisters.

  Her eyes shined bright green, almost an emerald color. My eyes were more of a mossy green. She said I got them from my father as well as my outgoing personality.

  As a child we would travel the country together, chasing after constellations and meteor showers in hopes of capturing its beauty in a photograph. What fascinated me the most were the lunar phases. The phases where the moon would appear in the night sky, illuminated by the sun, deciding how much of its visible surface would be shown. I always felt entranced by the moon as if being beckoned home.