The pouring rain

What's left of the sun finally goes down and you look at your phone, the time is 3:27am, you look at Dan.

"we've been here for ages!" you tell him

"oh my god I'm so sorry!" He laughs

"let me text F/N to tell them I'm not murdered"

"oh yeah, sure, good idea."

You look down at your phone and start rapidly texting F/N after noticing the 16 new messages they had sent an hour and a half ago, a raindrop falls onto your phone, you look up at Dan who is lying down looking at the clouds to see if he felt the rain too, he seems peaceful until a raindrop falls into his eye. He jolts up and yells out, you laugh so hard you fall backwards and end up looking at the black sky, you divert your attention to Dan, who is now standing up looking at his phone. He glances in your direction and offers his hand, you take it and he helps you up.

"we better get out of the rain or it'll pour." He says to you

You walk back the way you came, past the alleyway and the busy streets, although instead of the rush and nose of the city you know, there is silence. It feels like you and Dan are only two people awake, the whole city is asleep, except for Phil of course, who would probably be looking up some bizarre animal related videos on YouTube right now.

The rain gets heavier, though you both don't seem to mind. The two of you pass a restaurant that is still open, you stop walking. The music from the shop is so loud that you are surprised that the whole city hasn't woken up yet, the rain pours down and you look at Dan who has also stopped a few paces in front of you. He is bobbing his head to the music, it's quite a slow song, but he starts to aggressively dance to it like it's a rave or something. You join in for a while, laughing and throwing your head back and forth to the soft melody in the background.

Dan laughs, "Go Y/N!" you slow down as you notice that Dan isn't dancing anymore but is now offering his hand, you slowly but nervously take it, you both start to sway to the music as he puts your other hand on his shoulder and his hand on your waist, you look up at him while he smiles down at you, Dan spins you around and you dance to the song that seems to be the longest piece of music you have ever heard, the rain soaks your clothes but you don't care, the two of you spin around and around, you laugh because you lost your balance on an uneven brick while you hear a small chuckle come from Dan.

You pull him closer, smiling to yourself as he hugs you tightly, the two of you pull away and Dan puts his forehead close so it touches yours, you close your eyes for a moment and feel Dan's lips press against your own. At first you don't really know what's going on so you open your eyes for a second, then realize that Dan is kissing you so you'd better kiss back. You wrap both arms around his neck and he wraps his around your waist.

You kiss each other for what seems like forever until you are startled by the sound of a restaurant employee whistling and clapping. The two of you pull away and laugh, then look into each other's eyes and smile sheepishly.

 That. Was. awesome.