Carissa

Carissa's POV

   All I can do it cry. I gave Jake a year of my life. I have been faithful, I put up with his crap and he repays me by cheating on me. Not with some random person no with (y/n). Someone I thought was supposed to be on my side but no she does this to me. I scream and throw a glass cup across the room as tears cascaded down my cheeks. The glass shattered when it hit the wall. The sound of that glass shattering was the same sound I heard when my heart shattered.

    You know what I don't need him. He's missing out on somtging wonderful. I wipe my tears away only for more to fall. I hate my life.

The next day...

I walked to my locker and opened it avoiding eye contact with Jake and his new girlfriend (y/n).

  I put my books in my locker and just start playing on my phone.

"Carissa." Payton said walking towards me.

"Hi... Payton."  I greeted looking at him

"Um why is Jake with (y/n) instead of you?" he asked

"We broke up." I explained

"So it's true...... He cheated on you."

I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"Yes now if your only here to make me feel like the pathetic, stupid girl I am-"

"Stop. Your not stupid or ugly. Your so beautiful Jokes the stupid one and honestly you deserve better."

"What I deserve... You."

"We deserve each other. I want to be with you.... Do you wanna go out with me?"

I looked at him with wide eyes. Just as I was about to answer him Jake walked to us. He looked at Payton then at me.

"Really?" he questioned

"Go away."

"Why'd you change your passwords on everything?" he question

"Because we're not together anymore and you don't need to know who in talking to... Payton. Yes I'll go out with you."

Payton smiled then took my hand as we walked away from Jake.

1 month later

Payton and I have been going out for about a month now and I couldn't be happier he was right. We do deserve each other.