Chapter 1

** This takes place before 2x10 and Ward is still in Vault D **

"You mentioned something before about my father," Skye said as she descended the steps to Vault D slowly. It was dark and cold, not at all a comfortable place for a prisoner. Ward turned to face her and he nodded slowly, locking eyes with her. "I need you to tell me everything you know about him," she demanded.

"Why the sudden interest?" he raised an eyebrow as he spoke softly.

"I'll ask the questions," she said coldly as she sat down in the chair in front of his cell. "My father."

Ward nodded, "I don't know much," he walked over to his bed and sat down to face her, "all I know is a story. I know you were born somewhere in the Hunan Province but you were taken from him. By Hydra. Hydra took both you and your mother."

"Why?"

He shook his head, "I don't know. But when your dad got there, when he finally found you, your mother was dead and you were missing. He destroyed the entire village, left no survivors."

"How?" She shook her head in disbelief as she listened to the story.

He took a deep breath, "your mother was dead and you were missing. He had his entire family taken away from him in one day. You'd be surprised at how grief and rage can motivate a person."

She nodded and wiped away a tear that was starting to form in the corner of her eye.

"Why the sudden interest?" Ward asked again, hoping to get an answer this time.

Skye got up to leave and made her way towards the stairs, giving information to informants about ongoing missions was dangerous. Extremely dangerous. "I should go."

"Skye," he said her name quietly. "Please."

She stopped in her tracks and looked up the stairs. Her gaze then shifted to her feet and she whispered, "because I think we found him."

I know, I know, I know, it's super short. I just wanted to finally post this one because I'm actually SUPER EXCITED about this story. Hope you all enjoyed this (short) chapter.