Chapter 3

Skye rolled her eyes as she saw three men walking towards her. She made eye contact with Coulson and pointed at the man to his left, "really? I thought you said it was just you and Trip."

The man to Coulson's left put a hand over his heart and gasped, "well it's nice to see too, love," his British accent lined thickly with sarcasm.

"Hunter," she nodded with a slight smile.

He mock saluted with two fingers and returned her smile.

Lance Hunter had joined the team not long after S.H.I.E.L.D. fell. He was a mercenary working small jobs that landed him on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar. Eventually the team took him in and he had proved himself countless times on missions. He also became fast friends with Skye and Trip, their sense of humor being nearly the same.

Skye turned to Trip, "thanks for doing this."

"All in a day's work," he smiled.

Coulson climbed into the black car next to them and put the keys in the ignition, "you three ready?"

___________________________

Skye climbed out of the front seat and grabbed her gun, holding it out, ready for use should the need arise. She stood next to Trip and Coulson signaled for them to go in, he and Hunter would cover them.

Skye nodded and she and Trip walked inside the dark and dingy motel. They made their way slowly towards the floor where they knew Cal was residing.

Skye nodded again to Trip when they reached the door and Trip rested his hand on the doorknob. He wrapped his fingers around the cool metal and turned it, opening the door quickly. Skye raised her gun, ready for a fight, but the room was empty.

With caution, she and Trip walked inside. They scanned the room and found no signs of anyone even being there in the first place. Skye walked towards the coffee table that stood in the middle of the living room. "Trip?" she called warily.

He walked over to her and she pointed to the table. There was the phone that had been used to talk to her and a walkie-talkie right next to it. She smacked the palm of her hand against her head and sighed, "of course. He's not stupid."

Trip rested a hand on her shoulder and leaned down to pick up the phone and the walkie-talkie. He turned each object over in his hands before handing the walkie-talkie to Skye and deciding to see if he could get any clues off of the phone. "If I could get inside this thing, I may be able to track him."

"No need," Skye stopped him. She had removed the backing off of the walkie-talkie in her hand. "I know who he's working for," she said quietly. "And I'm pretty sure we can find them."

She showed him the chip inside of the walkie-talkie and he read the numbers on the chip. He raised an eyebrow, "so?"

"It's the same code that's on all the chips of the phones and other devices that the sleeper agents were using a few months ago," she explained. He looked impressed that she had remembered the code and she shrugged, "I had to do my research."

"So your dad is working with Hydra?" he asked, hoping the answer was no, even though he already knew the truth.

"It appears so," she pocketed the walkie-talkie and the two left the room. They walked out of the room and Skye held up a hand to stop him, "hang on, this is a motel."

Trip rolled his eyes, "I thought that was obvious."

She lightly slapped his shoulder, "I mean," she put emphasis on the word 'mean', "where are all the people? I haven't heard a thing since we got here. No one ringing the bell to check in, no one closing their door behind them as they're checking out, no squeaky wheels on the carts of the cleaning ladies, this place is a ghost town right now."

Trip swore under his breath as he realized she was right. "Follow me," he nodded towards the exit, "we should be getting back to Coulson and Hunter."

Trip led her down the hallway and back to the entrance of the motel. They were stopped short when they were met with ten men with guns trained on them.

Skye looked through the glass door ahead of her and saw Coulson and Hunter lying on the ground. She swore as she laid her gun on the ground and put her hands in the air. She hoped her teammates were okay.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Let me know what you think, comments make my day 100x better! : )