chapter 5

Hannah's POV

"Two tickets for Insidious 2 please."Luke told the boy behind the register at the movie theater.

He handed us the tickets and we walked away briskly since we were a little late.

"Go ahead and get us some seats. I have to use the bathroom real quick."I say and walk away from him.

Once I finish and start washing my hands, I see him again. I can see him there in the mirror. I imagined him sitting there, on the bench, in the bathroom. It's as if a lightbulb goes on in my head. Shit. It was Calum watching us yesterday. He was stalking me. How did he figure out where I had gone? How did he find me? What did he want? What was he going to do?

Worriedly, I went to the theater that the movie was showing in and spotted Luke. Since he was so tall, his messy blonde hair wasn't hard to spot. When the movie started I didn't hear it. When the movie was playing I never saw it. When it ended I just got up and walked out. It wasn't until I had gotten into my car and pulled out had I realized what today was and it only made me feel worse.

§<>§

Luke's POV

"Hannah?"I had said quietly at first, but when she still didn't hear me I said it louder.

She has just kept on walking without even noticing me. I practically yelled out her name when we had walked outside, but she didn't stop. She just kept going without showing any recognition of me all the way to her car. It's like she was somewhere else and no one but her was there. So just to make sure she stayed safe I hopped into my car and followed her.

She went straight to the graveyard near her house. I was about to wait in the car to give her some privacy, but my curiosity got the better of me. I quietly followed her zigzagging movements past all the gravestones. She finally stopped at one that read:

R.I.P.

Jack Williams

February 2, 1966 - February 2, 2006

Father, Husband, Brother, Friend

🍁

It was her dad's birthday and the anniversary of his death. I couldn't imagine having a parent die on their birthday. I wonder how it happened, but I know it's probably the worst time to ask.

I stood behind a tree and watched. I didn't want to disturb her. Tears began sliding down her cheeks and her shoulders started to shake. Then she sang. Her voice was so angelic and beautiful.

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday dear Dad

Happy birthday to you

She managed to sing the entire song even though most of it was filled with sobs. I couldn't just stand here any longer so I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her. She didn't object, instead she turned around and cried into my chest. I rested my chin on her head and stroked her soft hair trying to comfort her.

After a few minutes she lifted her head up and looked me in the eyes. There were tears still sliding down her face. I gently brushed them away and kissed her softly.

A/N

okay short chapter, don't hate me

because ily

if there was any confusion please let me know

vote, comment, like and all that

byeee all you amazing people

~sierra