Chapter 14: All My Loving

A/N: I'm so sorry this chapter has taken so long, I wanted this one to be perfeccccttt!! i used the pet name 'baby' because i know John and Paul used to call each other that...enjoy tho 

~Paul's~

I hadn't seen John since the day I was released from the hospital. My Aunt Gin had moved into our house, and I had a feeling John may have been intimidated by her. I didn't want nor like this space that John was giving me. Don't get me wrong, he did call me every night before he went to sleep, but that was it. John didn't ask how I was doing or what was going on at all, he just told me about his day, what new records he had knicked from the record shop and then told me goodnight. I wasn't quite well enough to go to school -physically or mentally- so there was no bumping into him in the hallways like before. I did miss that. 

It was almost 10PM, and I was sitting on my bedroom floor playing my guitar, trying to write a song. I scratched some lyrics down and my pencil broke. I stretched over to my bag and dragged it in front of me. It hurt to move much. I rummaged through it for a new pencil when I fell upon a folded up piece of paper that said Paul on the front in John's handwriting. This must have been old because I hadn't seen him, and I hadn't used my bag since I was in school, which was also a while ago. I unfolded it. 

Love, love me do

You know I love you

I'll always be true

So please

Love me do

I wasn't sure if I wanted to cry, rip it up, or kiss it. 

I folded it back up and tucked it under my pillow. I lied down on my bed, slowly but surely, and thought about John. I needed to see him, but Gin wouldn't let me leave the bloody house. I suppose I couldn't blame her though, if I walked for too long it began to feel as though all my ribs were collapsing. It was worth risking to see John. I tip-toed passed Mike's room and slowly made my way down the stairs and to the front door. I was nervous and fragile, but I didn't want to feel that way anymore. John made me feel strong and loved. I sighed as I successfully walked away from my house and toward John's. It was a very nice night, hopefully he would want to come out and walk with me. To a bench maybe, so he didn't end up carrying my broken ass home. 

I arrived at John's and immediately smiled when I walked around the side of the house and noticed his bedroom light was on. I threw a rock gently at the window and waited. Nothing. Maybe he had fallen asleep with the light on?

I threw another one a little harder. Nothing.

I threw another one. 

"I heard it the first time, m'love." I heard from behind me. I spun around. "John!" I wanted to run into his arms, but for my own pain-sake I walked slowly toward him. "Well well well, look at you my little bluebird, looking like a brand new man." John smiled as he cupped my face with both of his hands. "Bluebird? That's new." I laughed a little bit and smiled, and then remembered that he hadn't come by, causing my smile to fade. "Where have you been?" I asked, pulling his hands down and holding them. "I've been here the whole time, Macca." John raised an eyebrow, questioning my accusation. "I haven't seen you since they let me leave the hospital." I stepped back a little bit. "Paul..." John stepped toward me. I raised my eyebrow. "I'm sorry, m'love. I just wanted to give you some space, y'know, to recover and all." John admitted as he leaned in and kissed my cheek. My stomach lit up with what felt like thousands of fireworks just from the touch of his lips. "I need you, though..." I said quietly, almost ashamed to admit it. I still expected things like this to be awkward between us because we were both guys. But it wasn't, because it was John.