Chapter 31

I had slept the whole time on the way to Coruscant, trying to fill my missing hours of rest in.

The ship landed on a landing pad with a loud thud.

My eyes flicked open, seeing that we had arrived at our destination.

I climbed out of the bed, throwing the blanket off of me. The ends of my brown robe tumbled to the floor as I got out of the bed. I slipped my boots back on, and walked toward the exit of the ship.

My eyes adjusted to the bright light, seeing that I was finally home. After a long hard journey, I am happy to be home.

The Coruscant life revved before me. The skyline above me was normal, and the city lights were as bright as ever.

"About time we're back," Obi-Wan remarked, smiling.

"I agree Master Kenobi. I hope Yoda doesn't think we're all dead," joked Aayla Secura.

He laughed and looked at Anakin. Anakin was standing along the sides of the landing pad with his arms crossed, and his shoulders tensed. The slight breeze made Anakin's hair tossled, which made him seem a bit tense. He has been silent for as far as I know, the whole trip from Sicemon to Coruscant. Yet he still hasn't said a word as we arrived.

"You seem tense Anakin," I commented, still viewing the city.

Anakin only slightly turned his head toward me, seeming to only glance. He uncrossed his arms, and sighed. "No. I'm fine. I'm just ready to go see Luke and Leia."

I knew what he was thinking of. He didn't have to tell me. He was probably having a guilt trip about that one girl.

"I agree," I calmly said, ready to go home as well.
******

We arrived back at the apartment finally. The metalic door slid open before us, seeing Luke and Leia running in to hug their father.

I smiled at this, completely evading the twins. I started unpacking, feeling at home once more. The air seemed happier; except Anakin, still. I knew he was going to keep this from me. So I would probably have to confront him sooner or later. I finished sorting out my new Jedi clothes the Order has provided me, and decided to join the happy reunion. I stood in the doorway of my room, watching the twins, hoping one of them would come running to me. Sure enough, it was Leia who did all the running.

"(Y/N)!" She giggled, running to me. I smiled, swooping her up and holding her.

"Hey Leia! What are Luke and daddy doing?" I asked her, curling my finger in her hair. Leia simply pointed, and I looked. Anakin had Luke in his lap, reading him a story.

"Why didn't you join?" I asked her.

"Cause Luke is a laser brain."

I laughed, "Alright. Let's both go over there. " I walked over to the couch where Anakin was reading Luke his story, as I sat down to join them. I plopped Leia in my lap as Ani continues to read, both of the twins being very intrigued.

It was only a few hours later, to where the twins had fallen asleep.

"I got Luke," I announced quietly, picking Luke up. Anakin and I knew the drill. Whenever they fell asleep we put them to bed, which is simply what I did. I tucked Luke in under his covers, and kissed him on his forehead. I got down beside his bed and strikes his forehead, watching the innocent Luke fall asleep.

"When will your father ever tell me the truth?" I whispered, talking to myself, and Luke. After that, I got up and went to the room where Anakin and I now slept. I didn't really want to sleep next to him tonight, but maybe I could find peace and forgive him. Maybe tonight I could confront him, and get it over with. While Anakin was still putting Leia to bed, I decided to take that privacy advantage and undress and then dress into my pajamas for the night.

I lie down on the bed, tucking myself under the covers, and waited for Anakin to crawl underneath the blankets with me. As soon as the thought came to my mind, Anakin was in the room. He was already in his clothes to go to sleep, so he didn't have to change. His shirt was off, and he had sweatpants on. Next, he crawled under the blankets without showing any emotion to me. He didn't smile, or seem to care I was next to him. He didn't glance.

Unexpectedly, Anakin sighed, and kept looking up at the ceiling. "I remember the first day I met you."

Quizzically, I looked at him, wondering where this was going.

"You walked in... wearing a green shirt and regular shoes. You looked abnormal," Anakin paused, sighing again. "I remember we bumped into each other and your suitcase fell open. I reached down to help you... and I picked up your bra," Anakin chuckled at the thought.

"You were full of sass and spunk, and attitude. Then I decided to show you around... only because you asked. I had no interest in you, obviously. Because I was married, and Padmé was alive. I thought you were like every other person. But I should've known someone who wore what you did would not be normal," he said sadly, as though he missed his memories, to maybe live them again. "I was mad that day. Because Obi-Wan said something to me... I forget, but I acted out. I was rude... Heck, I slapped you. I treated you wrongly (Y/N). I'm sorry." This time Anakin turned to look at me.

I decided to keep silent and stare at the ceiling. I felt more guilty now however. I didn't want to confront him, yet I did. I had to do it anyway.

"I know what happened. I know why you're so tense all of the time now... why we're distant. I know what you did with that woman," I admitted, my fists balling up by my sides.

"(Y/N)... It was wrong... Very wrong... I know, but I tried the best I could to prevent it-"

I interuppted him with a snarky response, "You did it because it was the only thing you could think of, and it was the only way you could save everyone?"

"No it wasn't like-"

"Anakin stop the excuses! I'm sure there were plenty of other ways to get a weapon of some sort to bust everyone out!"

"Damn it (Y/N)! I'm sorry! I'm sorry I hurt you! I'm sorry I did anything! I didn't mean to sleep with her! I'm sorry I'm such a terrible father! I'm sorry I'm a disappointment! I didn't mean for us to be like this! I freaking saved you, because I only love you!" He cried out, standing out of his bed. Tears rolled down his face now. His body was shaking from all of the crying he was doing. I never saw him like this... maybe except when Padmé died. His breath was hitching, and I could feel a lump climbing through my throat. "I-I-I... I'm s-sorry I love y-you, (Y/N)."

As soon as he said that my heart sunk. Tears started pouring down from my eyes, but I made no noise. Only silence.

"And I'm sorry I love you," I weakly responded.

Anakin was only more broken, to where he fell to his knees, making no noise when he cried. Meanwhile, I continued to sit in my bed. I desperately needed to go over and hug him, and give him warmth. I needed to kiss him and tell him it's going to be alright. So I packed up a bag of clothes. And I didn't care to get dressed... So I left to the Jedi Temple. To stay there for a long while. To get over this broken heart, and guilt.