Chapter 35

*Anakin's POV*
******
"A true magician never reveals her secrets."

I groaned." Whatever. Now that we have her coordinates we can go find Raven!" I exclaimed, getting a duffel bag, shuffling all my supplies needed to catch this fiend.  

Suddenly, I felt her gaze turn to the floor. A gloomy air radiated off of her. 

"What is it? Aren't you glad? We can go end this. Stop her from harming people!" I implied, a bright smile on my face. 

She slowly nodded, tracing her arm. 

Then I knew what could be the situation. "Oh. Do you not want to go? If you don't, I can just get Obi-Wan or some body else... Is it the Twins?"

"It's not that... well, it is the Twins... you'll miss their birthday if you leave today. And... I thought you wouldn't be so obsessed with finding her as I thought. But as it turns out, you are."

I huffed, looking down at the ground, placing my hands on my hips and rolling my tongue around in my mouth, thinking. She was right. I would miss the Twin's birthday.

"Alright, I'll stay," I confirmed, "But-"

"But what?"

"But you have to come with me to search for Raven. No excuses. You cannot back out. Deal?" I offered. I hoped she would take it. It was a fair deal. I stayed for my children's birthday, and she can go with me to seek Raven. I wanted to stay for their birthday anyway.

She held out her hand to shake mine, but was hesitant. Finally, her hand closed with mine, in a shake that held her promise.

"Deal."

I smiled, and continued to pack to find Raven. I packed all my notes, weapons that I might need, and a comb and clothes. Because you never know.

"Wait," she articulated. "I thought-"

I sighed, "I'm just packing for after the Twins birthday. Okay? I promise I'm not leaving." I grabbed my bag of stuff and zipped it up, putting it under my bed next to my black box.  I turned back around, placing my hands on her shoulders. "No need to worry. I'm not leaving just yet."

She smiled and nodded. "Thanks for staying. It means a whole lot to all of us."

******

It was the next day, on the Twins' birthday. Anakin decided to go out and say hi to all of his old Jedi friends, and catch up with everyone, as well as dropping the Twins' off to practice with Yoda. I decided to stay home and plan the Twins' birthday party.

The Twins mentioned they wanted a big lightsaber on their birthday cake. Leia wanted a new dress, and Luke wanted a fake blaster. Which I had already gotten them, plus a few more gifts.

I looked around at Padme's old cook books to see if she had any recipes for cakes.

I pulled out books, after books, taking me hours to flip through. Finally, I came upon one. I cleared my throat and looked at the back wall and pretended I have my own cooking show.

"Good morning everyone! I am (Y/N) and I will be showing you how to make a..." I said in a very lifted, over excited voice, reading the thing I was making off of the cook book. "A basic white vanilla cake. "

I cleared my throat, smiling at myself. This was the most fun I've had in ages.

"First," I giggled at myself, lifting my posture and lifting the flour sifter very delicately. "You must take a one half cup of sifted cake flour." I got the flour, put the sifter over a bowl, and started pouring and sifting the flour. I hummed a tune while sifting, waiting for the flour to finish. Finally, after what seemed like forever, I finished with the flour.