25

Leonardo POV

My body hurts.

Why does my body hurt?

And what's that beeping noise?

Suddenly memories from the car accident hit me and I realize why my body hurts. The beeping means I'm in a hospital.

I open my eyes and I'm temporarily blinded by the harsh hospital lighting.

I look around the room before my eyes land on the sleeping figure next to me.

She's sitting in a hospital chair that is pulled up close to my bed with her head on the bed.

I smile at her until I remember she's supposed to be in New York.

"Hope." I say as I go to shake her.

I groan from the pain and the fact that my right arm is in a cast.

How did I not realize my arm was in a cast?

At the sound of my groan Hope shoots up and her eyes widen when she notices I'm awake.

"Leo!" She yells before she attacks me in a hug.

I hiss in pain and before I have the time to react and hug her back she pulls away from me like she's on fire.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so sorry Leo." Hope says as she looks at me with wide eyes.

"I'm fine, Hope. Now come give me a hug." I tell her as I open my arms, well as best as I can since one of my arms is in a stupid cast.

"No. I'll just hurt you again." Hope says as she shakes her head from side to side.

"No you won't. Now please give me a hug. I haven't had a hug from you in two months."

Hope sighs but she gently reaches down and hugs me.

"You scared the hell out of me, Leo." She mumbles into my shoulder.

I just tighten my arms around her.

When Hope pulls away she looks at me and sighs in relief before she starts talking.

"Leonardo Michael Reid if you ever scare me like that again I'll kill you." She says as she lightly hits me on my uninjured arm.

I laugh and then wince as pain shoots through my ribs.

"Don't laugh. You have three broken ribs, twenty stitches in one of your shoulders, you had internal bleeding which is why they did surgery on you and you obviously have a broken arm." Hope says as she lists off my injuries.

"I should probably call a doctor and tell them you're awake. Then let the others know you're awake since they're probably in the waiting room. Then I should talk to my dad and Aaron about how I'm not supposed to be here. I should probably call Zach and Corey since I kind of just left without telling them." Hope rambles as she starts to pace around the hospital room.

"Hey, Hope. Calm down. Instead of worrying about all of that why don't you get in bed with me and we can both of back to sleep. I'm tired and you look exhausted." I tell her which causes her to stop pacing.

"No. I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because there's too much that has to be taken care of. Plus you'd just get hurt if you try to move over to make room for me."

"I'm fine, Hope."

"No your not Leo. You were in a serious car accident. You needed surgery for crying out loud! Why were you even driving that early in the morning? You normally don't wake up until noon on the weekends and I got the call from Pen at 9:30." Hope tells me.