29

Hope POV

~6 months later~

My breathing is heavy as I run down the road.

My hair whips me in the face as I look behind me.

Where did he go?

I start to panic when I can't hear his footsteps behind me and I can't see him.

I push my legs to run faster, I have to get out of here.

Suddenly a body collides with mine sending me sailing towards the ground.

My head bangs off of the ground. I fight the darkness away as I look up.

His face with a sinister smile on it is the last thing I see before everything goes black.

~12 hours earlier~

"This is ridiculous!" I yell in frustration as I stand up, knocking my chair backwards.

"We almost have this figured out, Hope." Jason tells me.

"I'm 16, Jason. I should be a part of the team by now. Also I haven't seen any of them in a year, a whole fucking year. And it's all because of whoever the fuck this bastard is fault!" I growl as I point to my phone that is laying on the table.

"I know, Hope. We can give them a call and they will come if you want."

I sigh and pick up my chair and plop back down in it.

"No. That will only put them in danger. Let's keep working."

~6 hours later~

My eyes widen as I look at the computer screen and all the puzzle pieces seem to, finally, click into place in my head.

"I know who it is!" I yell as relief and excitement wash over me.

I jump up and run around the table to show Jason.

"His name is Trevor Brown and he is a photographer that I met when my mom was in the hospital. He came in to take pictures of sick people with their families. He started showing up more and more before my mom got creeped out by him and had it so he couldn't come visit us. It explains the pictures and how good they were taken and why we could never get anything off of the pictures. He was so hard to find because he got a completely new identity. He goes by Vincet Gold now." I tell Jason as I show him the picture of Trevor that's on my computer.

"I originally thought of him when I was on my own but I ruled him out because I found a death certificate for him. I should have known it was fake." I say as I quickly open up another tab on my computer and show him the death certificate I found.

"Do you want to call the team in?" Jason asks me.

"No. I don't want to call them until we have this bastard. It's still too dangerous. I know they can take care of themselves but I'm not going to risk it."

"Ok. So how do you want to do this?"

"You still have a gun right?"

Jason nods and my brain works fast to come up with a plan.

"Ok, so this is how it needs to go down." I say before I tell Jason my plan.

~5 hours later~

In two hours Jason and I will be making our move against Trevor. Since there's only two of us we can't just go storming into where he lives.

After we figured out who he was and where he was we went to his house and checked it out.

He wasn't home when we went there, according to his neighbor he won't be home until 9:30.